Dr. Edward Bartsch MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 18th, 2016
This office is located right here in 'historic Katy'. Staff is very nice. Have been going to them for years. If you need coffee and frills - they are not for you - if you need great healthcare - Dr. Bartsch is your man!

January 29th, 2016
I like that he is a good diagnostician, has an old fashioned office and is easy to park and walk into. I've been a patient for 15 years and worry about when he retires!

July 18th, 2013
A little TOO old school
You can tell he was probably a great family doctor at one time but I feel like he's lost his spark. I went to him when I was having severe epigastric pain and constant vomiting. It was a problem I had less severely in the past and had an "attack" one night. I couldn't get in to see my normal doctor so I went to him. He told me it was food poisoning and shot me up with anti-nausea meds. Two days later I was feeling well enough to go to work but still experiencing sharp epigastric pain. I called his office and spoke with him, worried I might have a problem with my gallbladder. He said "It sounds like you're just trying to get an ultrasound done" as if I was being paranoid and trying to get an ultrasound for fun, I guess. I told him nevermind and went to my normal physician, who upon hearing my symptoms, ordered me to have an ultrasound right away. I will say, though, that his office staff is very caring. I believe he employs his family members. They are all very sweet and were very concerned with me being able to drive myself home, as dizzy and nauseous as I was. He saw me for 5 minutes and didn't seem to care where I went next.

January 28th, 2010
I do not recommend this doctor to anyone. He was a waste of my time and money. He's more of an herbal and natural remedy person, which I can respect, if I hadn't already taken the natural approach. I don't know how many times you actually have to see him before he takes your complaint seriously, but I've been suffering with my ailment for more than two weeks and decided I might need medication to help me along. I wonder if he would even prescribe me allergy medicine when I need it most during the spring? He seems to be anti-medication, discouraging me from using even OTC anti-inflamatory meds. I now have to go to ANOTHER doctor tomorrow b/c Dr. Bartsch refuses to prescribe an anti-inflamatory or round of steroid for my shoulders. This means more time off work and another co-pay. Nice to know he got paid and I got no relief for my problems. Also, he failed to address my high blood pressure which I mentioned at the beginning of the visit. If he's overlooking that, makes me wonder what else he's overlooking. I will NOT go back and will not recommend this doctor anyone, including my husband, who is looking for a doctor.