Dr. Edward Bartsch Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Edward Bartsch?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Edward Bartsch?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 18th, 2016

This office is located right here in 'historic Katy'. Staff is very nice. Have been going to them for years. If you need coffee and frills - they are not for you - if you need great healthcare - Dr. Bartsch is your man!

January 29th, 2016

I like that he is a good diagnostician, has an old fashioned office and is easy to park and walk into. I've been a patient for 15 years and worry about when he retires!

July 18th, 2013

A little TOO old school

You can tell he was probably a great family doctor at one time but I feel like he's lost his spark. I went to him when I was having severe epigastric pain and constant vomiting. It was a problem I had less severely in the past and had an "attack" one night. I couldn't get in to see my normal doctor so I went to him. He told me it was food poisoning and shot me up with anti-nausea meds. Two days later I was feeling well enough to go to work but still experiencing sharp epigastric pain. I called his office and spoke with him, worried I might have a problem with my gallbladder. He said "It sounds like you're just trying to get an ultrasound done" as if I was being paranoid and trying to get an ultrasound for fun, I guess. I told him nevermind and went to my normal physician, who upon hearing my symptoms, ordered me to have an ultrasound right away. I will say, though, that his office staff is very caring. I believe he employs his family members. They are all very sweet and were very concerned with me being able to drive myself home, as dizzy and nauseous as I was. He saw me for 5 minutes and didn't seem to care where I went next.

January 28th, 2010

I do not recommend this doctor to anyone. He was a waste of my time and money. He's more of an herbal and natural remedy person, which I can respect, if I hadn't already taken the natural approach. I don't know how many times you actually have to see him before he takes your complaint seriously, but I've been suffering with my ailment for more than two weeks and decided I might need medication to help me along. I wonder if he would even prescribe me allergy medicine when I need it most during the spring? He seems to be anti-medication, discouraging me from using even OTC anti-inflamatory meds. I now have to go to ANOTHER doctor tomorrow b/c Dr. Bartsch refuses to prescribe an anti-inflamatory or round of steroid for my shoulders. This means more time off work and another co-pay. Nice to know he got paid and I got no relief for my problems. Also, he failed to address my high blood pressure which I mentioned at the beginning of the visit. If he's overlooking that, makes me wonder what else he's overlooking. I will NOT go back and will not recommend this doctor anyone, including my husband, who is looking for a doctor.

June 7th, 2017