Dr. Edward Burns MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 12th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Burns has done several surgeries on my hands and with excellent results, He is an excellent doctor and I am happy to have him as my doctor.

August 9th, 2012
Best surgeon ever!
Dr Burns has a good personality! His a good person! Best surgeon ever! If he can't find a solution to fix your problem, than no one can! Thank you Dr Burns!

June 2nd, 2012
The best Dr
Excellent Dr! Recommended to anyone!

September 19th, 2011
He was the one who performed my Dad's leg amputaion surgery, and he's been great with helping us in any way he can. Very kind and caring. And most importantly of all, he did his job wonderfully and the surgery has been free from compication and a huge success so far.

March 26th, 2011
I came to this site earlier and there was only 1 rating. I entered my history as a patient of Dr.Burns and after comletion my page went blank. I returnd to this site and it indicated that 2 ratings had been entered but only 1 showed. The 2nd rating was missing. I assume it was the one I was trying to enter.I had gone to see Dr. Burns with an infected foot after being treated by an orthopedic doctor in a nearby town for over 5 months who had just told me he could nothing else for me except amputat the entire foot.Dr. Burns examined me, immediately ran tests,then reviewed the situation with me and my wife. He recommended that the best thing to do was remove just a toe.I agreed and this procedure was done. Dr. Burns set up the care and after only about 2 monts, the foot was totally healed. I am walking on the foot now.I would highly recommed Dr. Burns. He is a very caring professional who was concernd with my well being. I have used the services of many doctors in my'many' years and Dr. Burns stands out as one of the best!

April 30th, 2009
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE
This MD and his group have got to be the joke of East TN. Sprained my ankle, referred to them by the ER. Initial visit went OK, MRI was ordered because of the swelling on my ankle that was extreme, "even for severe sprains." During the MRI, these guys actually propped by leg up with a TRASH CAN. I just forked out over $1K for service with a trash can??!! Follow up visit, Burns asked me if I had been given a boot to wear. This guy didn't know! Maybe my expectations are a little high, but I figure an MD should take a moment to review records for a follow up visit. My ankle was still extremely painful, and was about to run out of prescribed medicine to treat it. I asked Burns if I could call if OTC meds weren't getting the job done. "Sure, just give me a call." was his exact response. I called two days later....denied. Double doses of OTC meds didn't stop the pain until 4 days later. Bad group service, and at best Burns is forgetful...at worst, unprofessional and dishonest.