Dr. Edward Lee MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

May 17th, 2016
I guess everyone has a bad outcome now and then...
I wish I had nice things to say like most others, but I do not. I understand Dr. Lee has been very capable in many situations. Not in my case. Dr. Lee helped make what should have been a very straight forward, routine and elective surgery, drawn out with complications. I complained for nearly two years of recurring symptoms. CT scans were ordered about every six months, but nothing else was suggested or done, He was generally dismissive. Out of desperation, and through the strong arming of others, he finally did a laparoscopy, and removed a mesenteric fat necrosis mass, adhesions, and metal "foreign bodies". None of this was present prior to my initial surgery. Why did I have to wait so long? Why wasn't I getting any help, or referral to someone to help me? Why did my husband and I have to go to Boston to a specialist, then to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota (both of which were self pay) where both agreed that my problems were the result of a complication of surgery? I suppose surgeons need to have big egos to be confident enough to cut someone open, but they need to remember that they are still human, and can actually make mistakes. Key is: Face it! For me? I never received an honest answer, or apology from Dr. Lee. I think the only part that's worse is the fact that both my husband (a physician) and I are in medicine. So much for any kind of courtesy.

January 7th, 2016
Dr Lee Saved my life and has kept me cancer free for 9 years now/ couldn' t love him more. A most wonderful surgeon

October 16th, 2015
The best there is, very caring, dedicated and cautious, saved my life twice!

March 18th, 2015
Dr Lee is extremely arrogant and reckless. Any questioning of his treatment plan was met with scorn and literal snickering. I feel that he jeopardized my health by refusing to answer questions that I had regarding options other than surgery costing me valuable time in the midst of an advanced cancer diagnosis. I learned of him through my father who has a procedure performed by him previously which resulted in severe complications. His manner was extremely insulting at a time when I felt the most despair in my life, and based on experience into family, his skills are lacking as well. I wholeheartedly advise against him. I was fortunate to find another surgeon who treated me with respect and dignity. Dr Lee, recklessly, arrogantly risked my health due to his own ego and I would avoid him at all costs. His partner, Dr. Valerian, was very nice and respectful and in no way is representative of this review.

August 2nd, 2013
My experience with Dr. Edward Lee, nurses, anesthesiologists and entire O.R. staff at Albany Medical Center were wonderful. The team was very professional and made me feel that my needs were very important and would be met with the best of care. Dr. Lee above all else was kind, compassionate and the ultimate surgeon. I went in for a hernia operation and just hours after the procedure was feeling great. I never even needed the pain medication that was prescribed to me. I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Lee and his staff, and highly recommend him to any person looking for the best.

June 8th, 2011
Initial Appt. - Surgical Consult
I had seen another surgeon and was not comfortable with him or what he proposed to do. I went to see Dr. Lee for a second opinion. Totally impressed with him AND his nurse practitioner. I have booked surgery with Dr. Lee and am canceling surgery with the first doctor. Dr. Lee's attitude is A+; he treated me like a human being and not just a number or insurance check!

September 19th, 2010
Retired
Dr. Lee is a wonderful Doctor and a wonderful human being in every respect...He is very patient, considerate, and really cares about his patients....I would recommend him to anyone needing his services...Thank you Dr. Lee for helping to save my wife's life.....You are really a wonderful addition to the staff at Albany Medical and they should be proud to have you on their staff....Good Bless and keep you well.....My wife and I love you and wish you continue success....

January 30th, 2010
Great Doctor
Very Professional, very pleasant, great communication skills, and most important a great Doctor.

July 6th, 2017