A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Calkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Calkins is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hand Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Calkins graduated from University of Southern California , Los Angeles.
Dr. Calkins has 10 hospital affiliations:
- St. Vincent's Hospital
- U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Calkins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Health New England - 6 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edward R. Calkins practice?
Dr. Edward Calkins practices Surgery near Worcester, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Westborough, MA.
See Worcester Surgeons.