A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Cantu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Cantu is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cantu
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cantu Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Cantu, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Heart Transplantation
- Lung Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Cantu graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Cantu has 6 hospital affiliations:
- University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
- Hospital of the University of PA
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Cantu MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 12 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Edward Cantu practice?
- Dr. Edward Cantu has 1 office location.
Dr. Edward Cantu practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Cardiothoracic Surgeons.