A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Charles:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Charles, General Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Charles, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Diseases
- Colorectal Cancer
- Endocrine Disorders
- Femoral Hernia
- Hiatal Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Rectal Cancer
- Umbilical Hernia
- Ventral Hernia
Education & Awards
Dr. Charles graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Charles has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Arizona Heart Hospital
- West Valley Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Charles accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 5 plans
- Unicare - 4 plans
- Health Choice Arizona - 2 plans
- SCAN Health Plan - 1 plan
- Humana - 22 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edward H. Charles practice?
Dr. Edward Charles practices Surgery near Glendale, AZ.
See Glendale Surgeons.