Dr. Edward Coale MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 22nd, 2017
Fantastic physician
I've met many physicians, however, Dr. Coale is one-of-a-kind! From the onset of my hand problem, to the surgery, to the after care, I felt comfortable with Dr. Coale. He has a positive bed-side manner, he listens, he explained the process and set appropriate expectations. His surgical abilities can't be questioned, since after 1 week of surgery, I am using my hand with no pain or discomfort. I appreciate all he and his team has done, and highly recommend Dr. Coale.

May 19th, 2015
Patient Beware - Especially Labor Industry Claims
I had a terrible time seeing Dr. Coale. I had bilateral tendonitis (with nerve damage) and he treated me like a complete waste of his time. He eventually decided he was not able to surgically fix me and he basically told me "that's just the way it is, I'm not sure why it's not improving for you." ... When asked for a prognosis he said "really just can't tell. IIt will probably take a year..or maybe two." He wasn't helpful at all with how to treat myself and I was visibly in pain every visit. He quickly shot down the questions I researched specifically for alternative treatment rather than just "rest" and "just minimize using your arms as much as possible." How long I asked? "As much as possible". He shouldn't be a doctor if he doesn't actually care about helping the people in his "care". I also sincerely needed him to work with WA Labor Industries. He in fact made my experience with the notoriously difficult labor department an even more horrible experience. Until now, I didn't know it was possible. He bascially ignored the department whenever they sent any sort of paperwork to him for clarification. I had to call repeatedly over the months just to get him to do his job. He openly got mad at ME when I asked why he won't respond to the Labor Department about diagnosis clarification. He said it's there problem and he was just not going to respond....except the entire time I was in pain, out of work and just trying to get PT treatment.

July 26th, 2012
Dishonest
Dr. Coale lied to me about my condition, telling me that surgery wouldn't help. A neurologist I saw later questioned Dr. Coale's assessment, and after having surgery with another doctor my condition was cured.

April 22nd, 2017