Dr. Edward Cohn MD Patient Reviews

3.2
  • 14 reviews

July 25th, 2016
Be careful as this doctor works for the insurance company
This doctor does IME's for insurance companies. He will say that there is nothing wrong with your eyes, and will disagree with your doctors. His main goal is to get your benefits denied, and can careless about your well being. His religion is the almighty dollar. He is just disgusting.

June 20th, 2016
I have never been to a more rude Dr in my life,. I wish that I would have read reviews before my visit. There were several reviews that were almost identical to my experience. He was verbally abusive. When I received my letter of his findings, it was nothing more than the history and physical paperworkill that I filled out and even that was not correct. As stated in other reviews, he writes that the patient was trained and educated??? Ironically, the reviews that I read and referred to with his staff no longer exist. STRANGE.........

March 4th, 2016
Stay away from this doctor!
He has no respect for his patient. He is the rudest doctor on the earth.

January 12th, 2016
not up to date
This experience was terrible. The office staff (receptionist) was very nice. Dr. Cohn seemed nice said I could ask questions but when I did he did not answer. He seemed like he was going on script of things to do and not really listening to my concerns. At one point he said he would not recommend me to go back to my job. This was only seeing me for an hour. He also said he wasn't sure what was going on just that there was something. I was not aware that he would be dilating my eyes. and before I knew it he was shoving my head back and putting drops in my eyes. I suffer from a brain injury and felt like I was taken advantage of by him just quickly saying what was happening while he was doing the drops. At the end of the visit I was incredibly upset and crying. I asked him if I could drive and his response was You drove here...I just put drops in your eyes its not like now you can play the violin. I was so upset I got out of there as fast as I can. When I got to my car I realized I could not see the numbers on the speedometer. I just wanted to go home the apt. lasted longer than I thought it would and I am not familiar with that area. I drove out of the parking structure and got about 1 mile away and was nervous about not being able to see I pulled over into a parking lot and waited approximately one hr. till my vision restored enough for me to see my GPS to get home. Dr. Cohn being as old as he is should have known that I would have trouble seeing . He did not care enough to ask how far I would be driving or even if I knew my way around. Dr.Cohn knew i was by myself.

October 5th, 2015
Rude
Very rude. I took my mother to see him and while we waited 30 minutes I was using my phone using the Internet, not talking on it. When the doctor entered the room he asked if I wanted to leave with my phone. He was very rude. Now I understand why it takes months to get into U of M and 1 day to get in here. My mom has a poor memory so I usually go with her to her appointments. I guess this guy can repeat what he told her to me.

May 10th, 2015
absolutely awful
Awful, made rude commments, took him 2 and a half weeks to call me back

April 2nd, 2015
Dr Cohn is rude, condescending, and needs to work on his interpersonal skills.

March 24th, 2015
He is wonderful!!
He is one of the most caring, thoughtful doctors that I have ever seen. Will answer any questions and put your mind at ease.

March 6th, 2015
dr Cohn is an excellent doctor and very knowledgeable he keeps his patients informed every step of the way when he does procedures bravo!

January 3rd, 2014
If you are looking for a doctor to add to your social agenda, there are plenty of them out there. I want someone that knows his work, is up to date with current processes and treatments and not a "good listener" and a patter on the butter.

June 15th, 2013
walks like grocho max . hands hands are all narled up. jabbed a piece of paper in my eye..hurt for hours. when i asked him what was wrong with my eye out of nowhere he asked did i want a mri....then said he would send me a letter. in the letter he stated what he thought it was (big words i still dont have a clue] and said he counsled educated me...i dont know if he lied to cover his but or if his mind is going and dont know what he is doning.

March 19th, 2013
Dr. Cohn is wonderful. I am a nervous patient, and he was very caring, kept patting me saying "you're doing good, you're doing fine" very reassuring. He was not in a hurry, he actually took the time to listen and actually made eye contact when he spoke to me. It's so rare to find a genuine caring doctor, he even went in the lobby and wanted to meet my husband and father-in-law. i highly recommend Dr. Cohn!!