A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Cooner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Cooner, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Acne Rosacea
Education & Awards
Dr. Cooner graduated from UMDNJ, Newark. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Cooner has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Underwood Memorial Hospital
- Underwoodmemorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cooner accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 12 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 12 plans
- Unicare - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Medicare - 1 plan