inactive

Edward J Devin MD Patient Reviews

1.6

February 11th, 2012
Dr.devin should retire soon. You end up seeing medical student. No confidentiality.
My advise is to leave this office ASAP. New patients stay away. You can never see doctor devin because he has students from colleges to check on you. I have been for several years in this office and the doctor does not even know who I am. Every time I make an appointment with him I end up seeing a student and when I leave I see dr.devin in his office chatting on the phone. He is very rude and unpatience when you ask any question. I think he is ready to retire. You Waite more than an hour to see different medical student every time. Confidentiality has no meaning in this office. I am glad I left this office to another doctor who really take care of his patient. This doctor is the worst arrogant doctor I ever met. Just stay away

December 5th, 2011
In the past four visits with appointments for this doctor, I ended up seeing a medical student. Everyone to learn somehow but I was misdiagnosed three of those times and once was asked why I even thought I was sick. There is never the same staff from one appointment to the next; if you even get to see the Doctor, there is no examination - just questions. Three times I have had to seek other medical care because I was either prescribed incorrect meds or told I needed no meds and developed worse problems. They will not discuss lab results over the phone but want you to come into the office so they can tell you everything is OK. They once charged me over $300 for an appointment where I did not see Devin and was in the exam room for maybe 5 minutes. Changing doctors as soon as I can.

February 7th, 2011
fraud
Rude obnoxious idiot.

December 2nd, 2010
This doctor doesn't listen to his patients
He is a know it all - won's listen to the patient. Gives poor advice when he doesn't know the patients situaiton. His swiftness to remove me from his office (by ambulance) cost me lots of money.

August 2nd, 2010
rude, unprofessional, sloven
He does not exam me, tells me what I have when I know better--I am a RN. Is rude and impatient. Tries not to see patient at all.

April 19th, 2010
Dr Devin is horrible
Dr Devin is the worst doctor I have ever been to. I went in complaining of a sore thorat. He did not even take a throat culture and diagnosed strep throat. I called a few days later in tears because my throat was so swollen and hurt so badly. He told me just to rest and he could not do anything to help. The next day I wound up in the hospital. It turned out I had mononucleosis. I was extremely dehydrated and needed steroids to reduce the swelling. That was my first horrible experience.Recently I went in complaining of chest pain and a horrible cough. He looked in my ears and nose and told me I had allergies. He did not even check my chest! He ran out of the room so quick I could barely ask any questions. He has no manners, is very unfriendly, and looks like a mess. I will NEVER go back to him again.

March 4th, 2010
Dr Devin
Dr Devin is not a people person he has no business being a doctor, he is aggressive, he does not care one bit about the people he is treating...Dr Devin by far is the worst doctor I have ever been treated by .. I have filed a medical grievance to the board in hopes his medical license will be revoked...

January 28th, 2010
I went to see Dr. Devin because my scalp was itching horribly. I was seen by one of his student doctors who diagnosed me with scalp psoriasis, which Dr. Devin then agreed with and gave me a referral to see a dermatologist. I had to wait almost 2 mos. for my appointment with the dermatologist, only to my absolute horror and disgust to be told I had head lice! What kind of doctor can't even diagnose head lice correctly!

January 4th, 2010
Read the previous reviews and something must have changed because I called and was greeted by a friendly professional person that was able to schedule my appointment within a week. Staff in the office were very nice, didn't wait long. I saw a student first but Dr. Devin came in to see me as well. Even got a call back from the office when my labs came in to let me know everything was ok.

May 14th, 2009
Dr. Devin's Staff SUCKS!
Whenever you call the office, you're immediately put on hold. Then when the call is actually answered you have to deal with the most unprofessional people ever. They always try and shove you off on a student doctor when you just want to see Dr. Devin. Dr. Devin is a good doctor but overall the experience is poor because of his staff. I have excellent PPO insurance and feel insulted when they try and schedule me with a student. I'm sorry but this is just NOT good business practice. It's like I'm dealing with people who only deal with people who don't have insurance. This is why they continue to lose patients who have good benefits.

March 9th, 2009
Worse experience
Dr Devine is very rude and unprofessional with patient. You wait for several hours before you actually see doctor and he does not have time to listen to your concern, do not spent enough time with patient. I would not recommend this doctor at all. He totally relies on Nursing assistant or medical students notes. Don't even examine you.

August 22nd, 2008
My guess is that your diagnosis for visiting would first be an ear infection, most likely in both ears. When you realize a week later that you still feel horrible, you'll go back in and they'll determine it's something else. This has happened to me multiple times. They definitely know how to get people in for a second visit.