2.5

Mar 31st, 2015

My dad had lung cancer that had spread to his sacrum and brain. He received a total of 45 radiation treatments to no avail. On his last treatment, he was so weak that he couldn't walk, so I took him by Dr. Eichler's office to see if we could get a bag of fluid to help him. Dr. Eichler said, and I quote "No. Due to Obamacare we cannot give a bag of fluid to someone that is not going to make it. I can get him a sip of grape juice." To which I replied, "who is the president to tell me how important my dad is. I can by him a whole container of grape juice. What about the Hippocratic oath you took, to do whatever to save a life? Do you not live by that?" He said, "I will have Hospice at your home this afternoon". My dad lived 3 weeks and 3 days. Folks if you want a chance at life, don't waste your time in Texarkana. May God bless you.

Lacks Bedside Manner & Apathy show details Lacks Bedside Manner & Apathy
May 14th, 2013

Saw him 1 time out of 3 days in ICU and on the 2 office visits that we had we received no plan of care treatment or what to expect. He may be a well educated doctor but his bedside manner lacked the compassion needed for a person (and their family) that was just recently diagnosed with terminal cancer out of nowhere with a life expectancy of less than 6 months - at least in our case!! And a few of the staff members could be a little more concerned about the patients wait time and care instead of what they did for lunch or texting on their phone while taking vitals!!