3.0

Mar 31st, 2015

My dad had lung cancer that had spread to his sacrum and brain. He received a total of 45 radiation treatments to no avail. On his last treatment, he was so weak that he couldn't walk, so I took him by Dr. Eichler's office to see if we could get a bag of fluid to help him. Dr. Eichler said, and I quote "No. Due to Obamacare we cannot give a bag of fluid to someone that is not going to make it. I can get him a sip of grape juice." To which I replied, "who is the president to tell me how important my dad is. I can by him a whole container of grape juice. What about the Hippocratic oath you took, to do whatever to save a life? Do you not live by that?" He said, "I will have Hospice at your home this afternoon". My dad lived 3 weeks and 3 days. Folks if you want a chance at life, don't waste your time in Texarkana. May God bless you.

Lacks Bedside Manner & Apathy show details Lacks Bedside Manner & Apathy
May 14th, 2013

Saw him 1 time out of 3 days in ICU and on the 2 office visits that we had we received no plan of care treatment or what to expect. He may be a well educated doctor but his bedside manner lacked the compassion needed for a person (and their family) that was just recently diagnosed with terminal cancer out of nowhere with a life expectancy of less than 6 months - at least in our case!! And a few of the staff members could be a little more concerned about the patients wait time and care instead of what they did for lunch or texting on their phone while taking vitals!!

Eichler Edward Md show details Eichler Edward Md
by Citysearch User on Jan 16th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Let me tell you that if you need an excellent cancer doctor you can`t beat Dr.Eichler he is very good and explains everything to you right u...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com