A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Smith, MD, OD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- High Risk Pregnancy
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Vulvar Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Smith has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
- Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
- American Sign Language
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Fred Smith MD and OD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Edward F. Smith practice?
- Dr. Edward Smith has 1 office location.
Dr. Edward Smith practices Ophthalmology near Brooklyn, NY.
See Brooklyn Ophthalmologists.