A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Smith, MD, OD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- High Risk Pregnancy
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Vulvar Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Smith has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
- North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Health Plus - 4 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 21 plans
- American Sign Language
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edward F. Smith practice?
Dr. Edward Smith practices Ophthalmology near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Williston Park, NY.
See Brooklyn Ophthalmologists.