A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Smith, MD, OD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- High Risk Pregnancy
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Vulvar Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Smith has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
- Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
- American Sign Language
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Fred Smith MD and OD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Edward F. Smith practice?
- Dr. Edward Smith has 4 office locations.
Dr. Edward Smith practices Ophthalmology near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Williston Park, NY.
See Brooklyn Ophthalmologists.