Dr. Edward Farkas MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 17th, 2016
This man is just strange. At times, he appears thoughtful and pleasant. However, there is a very defensive side to him where he can get nasty very quickly. He asked me to leave a co-pay that he made up. However, my insurance does not have a co-pay. His receptionist called me the next day to reschedule an appointment I did not have. He said something that was affirming. However, when I made a joke and he misinterpreted it, he snapped. His personality is not consistent. I'm assuming that is why he has some very good reviews and some very bad ones. It's as if he was not really all there. I found him confusing. Perhaps, he needs a psychiatrist !

October 13th, 2015
Not if he is the last psychiatrist left on earth.........
I disliked Farkas from the very first appointment but I needed a prescription. He talked more than I did, often talking over me. I had a legitimate question regarding the number of refills for my prescription and he responded with such a condescending attitude that he had made things quite clear during the session. ( If it was all so clear, I would not have asked.) Said if I didn't like it I could go elsewhere. I said I would. He retaliated by sending me the entire bill instead of submitting it to my insurance. Very childish.

March 17th, 2015
Doesn't listen, just asks questions for the sake of asking
He just doesn't listen. Asks questions and before you finish interrupts and moves to another question and it just goes on. First visit was not even full 45 minutes; about 30 minutes actually. I think that is too small of a time to get a full story, especially if you are in distress and the doctor interrupts you. Misdiagnosed and frustrated me, even though I did not show it. For the most part was not interested in what I was saying. I find it weird that he collects co-pays (not his staff), and the fact that no paperwork needed to be filled out. Easy to get an appointment, no wait, but I would not recommend.

November 27th, 2014
Excellent Doctor
Knowledgeable and readily available, I have now been followed for 5 years by Dr. Farkas during which time he has also impressed me for his caring and interested behaviors. I highly recommend him.

November 24th, 2014
Caring Doctor
I have seen him for many years now and have found him to always be caring, available, interested and competent. I highly recommend him to other people in search of such a doctor.

November 22nd, 2014
horrible
if you suffer from depression and/or are a sensitive person...do not see this man! he has no compassion and will actually yell at you. very unprofessional! worst doctor ive ever seen! only good thing about seeing him, is the great receptionist he has.

January 30th, 2014
Competent
I was referred to Dr. Farkas because the psychiatrist who was medicating me wasn't really helping me and refused to change meds. I saw Dr. Farkas who prescribed something different on the first visit and told me it would take several weeks to really know. It worked. I'm doing a lot better than I have been in years. Dr. F. asked all the right questions and does have a good sense of humor. Sometimes we just need to try another doctor. I would recommend him because he knows what he is doing and he does it right.... on my first visit !

January 29th, 2014
Dr Farkas
Most people will not revel that they are seeing a psychiatrist. I consider Dr. Farkas as one of my best friends. I cry a lot over good and not so good things. In the beginning Dr Farkas would reach over and give me a tissue, one day he said get your own tissue we both cracked up. Dr Farkas has a great sense of humor.

January 27th, 2014
A Good doctor and a good person
Over the past 3 years I've had many difficulties. These emotional problems were dealt with in a very professional and compassionate manner. I've had several medication changes which were handled well. Dr. Farkas is very knowledgeable with medication management. He is also extremely available, even on very short notice or through a phone call. Over all he is the best psychiatrist I have had in 25 years.

January 22nd, 2014
My Doc
my personal experience has been wonderful it is a process of the situations at the moment that are addressed and usually i come away with an insight he helps me see and work through my feelings allows me to be exactly who i am allows me to be vocal allows me to cry helps me understand or rather allow the side of a doctor that can have empathize and see it was a difficult life as i write this the tears already flow how open i am and not be judgmental my mental state of being has improved as i have validation and a different way i may see it overall in this world i have found it hard having done this a few times in my life doctor Farkas is one of two doctors in my lifetime who has made a difference i am in my early fifties i feel lucky to have him go through my life and figure it out to be able to move forward and not stay stuck he has made my experience in confiding my personal demons we have worked through my meds and a current breast cancer survivor my anniversary 1-9-12 right breast had both removed a difficult time for a independent strong will person he get me he seems to see my dark cloud i recommend his services greatly as always if you can't be honest with your doctor and not get anywhere is not my experience he speaks in a kind voice and i look forward to speaking with him the office has always been kind and courteous i am with doctor Farkas for a good number of years bottom line he works for me and makes himself available if need be thanks Doc

January 20th, 2014
Dr. Farkas has no idea what life is like with extremely limited resources. Recently becoming a one income household due to budget cuts in my company my familys finances have become incredibly tight, disabling us from hiring someone to care for our YOUNG children when appointments are necessary. I do not understand how Dr. Farkas could call himself a psychiatrist and not have any compassion for people with limited resources who out of despair brought their very young children to an appointment, not out of control just very young. Dr. Farkas came out of his office and without any regard to my children or myself completely humiliated me by yelling at me without first talking to me. He never asked me to step out to the hallway with the kids he just started yelling at me and told me to get someone to watch my kids before going to an appointment. I had called his office that morning and explained my predicament and was told "its perfectly fine." With no family to ask a favor of and no money to hire someone... what was I to do? Dr. Farkas has no empathy for people who are forced to deal with the harsh realties of life. Instead of helping someone in terrible need he turned them away because a baby and toddler were "those kids are so loud I cant hear myself think." Instead of saying he had difficulty hearing his patients he was more worried about not being able to hear himself. SPEAKS VOLUMES.... and by the way in my 2nd session you said you had a brother and discussed your mothers C-sections.

January 17th, 2014
Don't waste your time
Horrific Experience! He talks more about himself in a session then listens to you. He is unhelpful in every manner of the word. I kept hoping I was wrong or he would change but after a year of seeing Dr Farkas I am no longer that naive and no longer his patient. Whats more the man has zero regard for your time, but values his immensely. You end up on his permanent "bad list" if you are a couple of minutes late. However he has left me waiting in his waiting room for over an hour (on more than one occasion) to replace a prescription which the pharmacy refused to fill because they could not read his hand writing. He is a serious waste of time if you are looking to improve yourself in the least.