Dr. Edward Fiore MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

September 29th, 2010
Hi, Pot. This is the Kettle.
I've been seeing Dr. Ed Firoe for years now. He's an older man and near his retirement. As a medical services professional he is very experienced and above average as a general practitioner.However there is more to the "picture" than just the doctor's talent and skills. There is the overall professionalism of his business; which hinges upon his staff and his abilities as an entrepreneur and employer. Unfortunately, Dr. Fiore is glaringly below average in these areas. Over the years that I've been a regular patient with him I have seen him struggle with horrible medical staff. I have had a few terrible experiences with his nurses, secretaries and managers. The doctor has been fully aware of the terrible fault of his staff but was very passive in handling the situation; which is to say that his overall professionalism is very poor. But today was the worst of it. My wife went to him for the first time today (she needed a new practitioner) and her experience was a nightmare. She called me at work at 2:15 PM and was still in the doctor's waiting room. Her appointment was for 12:45 and she arrived 15 minutes early! So 90 minutes later she was yet to get past the waiting room! I called Barbara, the office manager to complain and to explain that my wife must be home by 3PM to get my 10-year old child off of the school bus. Barbara's conduct with me was deplorable and disgusting. She was rude, combative and condescending. She said, "We got a walk-in patient and can't turn them down by law...what do you want from me?" I said, Excuse me, Barbara! Shouldn't you let your patients with appointments know - at least - of the delay? My wife is sitting thereShe then said, "Well...the doctor wanted to have lunch, OK?". I replied, "You mean my wife is waiting for over 90 minutes because the doctor wanted to eat lunch?"She said, "No...that was after....uh...excuse me but I will not be interrogated!"And she hung up the phone on me.My wife then informed me that the office manager's phone was on speaker so everyone could hear it and Doctor Fiore was standing right next to her for the whole discussion. The real slap in the face is this: last month during a routine checkup the doctor office asked me to sign a form stating that I agreed to be discharged as a patient for either missing an appointment or being excessively late for one. I was told that the policy was for other patients; since I had never missed an appointment.Hence the title of this assessment - "Hi, Pot. This is the Kettle". Overall I would NOT recommend Dr. Fiore to anyone. There are plenty of experienced practitioners that also know how to run a business properly and professionally. Fiore and his staff DO NOT! I will also be lodging a complaint with the NJ Board of Medical Examiners about the unacceptable, atrocious conduct of this medical office.