Dr. Edward Fox MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 25th, 2016
WORST MS DR AND PRACTICE EVER!
Worst Neurologist I've ever seen. Dr. Fox left me for dead in the hospital after surgery. He, nor his staff returned phone calls, came to see me, or sent a collegue to check on me after surgery Dr. Fox recommended I have. He was completely M.I.A. He has rude staff, especially his nurse Lori. He thinks he knows it all about MS. Well, he doesn't. I would be dead or immobile in a nursing home now, had I stayed in his care. He lies and doesn't care about his patients. You are just a number and a lab rat. I found another Neurologist in Austin who doesn't "specialize" in MS, but he knows a lot about it and he goes to bat for me when it's needed. I'm doing better than ever now. If you have MS and you live in central Texas, you have options, just do some research and ask others. A specialist is great if they really care about their patients and don't let their egos get in the way of care. MS is scary enough on it's own, shop around get 2nd and 3rd opinions if needed. Dr. Fox and his staff would get zero stars, if that were possible

January 25th, 2016
More Than Just "MS"
I was refer to Dr. Fox, after my MRI, came back positive in 2002. I was being seen by Dr. Horvit, for "CIDP"another type of nerve disease . Unbelievable!!!. I been seeing these doctors for many, many years. I can't explain how these wonderful two doctors have truly been there for me and my family. I am my own Advocate. I write down my question and concerns and Dr. Fox, listen each time and if I need to see him before my office appointment his wonderful staff will make sure he gets my message. Rochelle, is truly awesome and really all the staff shows compassion, and they truly care. I am speaking for the Infusion site and Therapy as well. They have seen me spending almost ( 8 ) months in a wheel-chair and totally disable. The staff work with me to get me back on my feet. They have witness the up and down of this ugly disease. They are my extended family. I have nothing but "Praise"for a great Staff. Much Love

September 9th, 2015
Dr. Fox and his staff's practice work exclusively with patients who have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. There is a screening process before they will agree to take on a new patient. My previous Neurologist had retired and I was able to have my chart and MRI scans sent over to Dr. Fox for review. I am very glad he has been working with me for over 2 years. I never feel rushed and always leave feeling that he is concerned about my treatment from both a medical standpoint, as well as a human being who needs someone who understands the unpredictable nature of MS. I strongly recommend Dr. Fox and his PA Stephanie Agrella.

May 14th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Fox for several years and have been extremely impressed with the fact that he is thorough beyond belief. I was recommended to Dr. Fox by my previous Neurologist Dr. Little. I am always impressed with Rochelle, a vital member of his staff.

May 6th, 2015
An "expert" doesn't mean anything
Let's just say, he can have all the titles and accolades in the area of MS. He and his head nurse left me for dead in a surgery clinic after a routine day surgery. I had to get to a hospital myself, no call backs, or hospital visit, or call to an associate MD to come check on me. Dr's don't know everything and we patients have the RIGHT to shop around. I obviously fired him and found a neuro who had a much better bedside manner and returns calls personally if it's an emergency. I walked into day surgery under Dr. Edward J. Fox's care, and haven't heard from him or walked since. I did speak to his head nurse the next day and told her I couldn’t get up. Her reply was, “you have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Fox in a week”. I hung up the phone and called 911 and was transported immediately to a hospital in Austin. Buyer beware. An "expert" doesn't mean anything in treating a disease where there is no known cause or cure, but doing everything you can, especially when a patient crashes under your watch and recommendations speaks volumes. Shame!

December 6th, 2011
Absolutely wonderful!
Dr. Fox is the most knowledgable doctor I have seen for my M.S. He is very interested in his field of practice and really cares about his patients. He is easy to talk to and converses well with patients about their concerns and any of his. His office is involved in reasearch, studies, clinical trials, etc. His office staff is friendly and helpful and caring. Appointments run on schedule. Sufficient time seems to be alotted for each patient and I never feel I am being rushed. I am grateful to have Dr. Fox as my neurologist.

November 9th, 2011
My Hero
I searched over 20 years to know what was wrong with me. Many doctors and surgeries later Dr. Fox found the problem. He has extended my life, and made life worth living. I have all praise for him! He really cares about my well-being.

June 20th, 2009
Excellent
Excellent knoweldge of the specialty. Willing to share medical facts that were very helpful. Spent the adequet time that was required. Great system within the clinic.