Dr. Edward Freedman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

February 29th, 2016
Past patient
Saw Dr. Freedman for several years. One of the best psychiatrists I've ever worked with. Very kind but unafraid to call things as he sees it.

February 25th, 2013
A doctor and friend
Dr. Freedman helped me through a difficult stretch as a young, bipolar, adolescent male. The time spent with talking to him became an important and soothing ritual for me even though I was resistant to any kind of treatment then. As an adult, some 20 years later we crossed paths again treating my daughter for anxiety. It was all rather by chance. As bipolar disorder is an ongoing condition I began seeing him for therapy and medication again along with my daughter. I continue to this day to relay on his support, kindness, understanding, and creativity. He is an excellent doctor, friend, and human. He is also an excellent photographer with a wonderful knowledge of film which is important to me and makes my time spent in therapy quite fun and relaxing. When nothing is on the table a good debate on the visual arts is always rather satisfying. Dr. Freedman is kind, creative, and very supportive. I would never be the man I am today without his help in the past and his continued support. Thank you Edward!

April 17th, 2012
waste of time
clueless guy - suggested things like "find a sitter" when confronted with a peds bipolar raging tween. for this I pay money?he was appropriate and I didn't distrust his integrity. but a waste of time, no help and did not really have much to offer. tried to keep us stuck in undesirable appnt. time that made my kid miss a whole afternoon of school per week. said "no-one else wants that slot." um, I know. you can do better, keep looking.

January 14th, 2012
Dreadful shrink
Totally clueless when relating to women (moms) of pts., or female pts. After a harrowing psychotic break, he suggested we get a sitter for our then-young daughter. We had told him that we had run thru seven sitters already.Out of touch. Entitled male dr. with no clue about family life. Talks about his son too much, in unhelpful ways. For $3/min. he can listen to and talk about us. Avoid.