Overall Review

February 25th, 2016
diagnosis
Went to Dr. Gabalski for a cough went to many tests. Dr. said I had Sleep Apnea. Completely missed the Vocal Cord Cancer

January 2nd, 2016
Could not find the cancer.
Subjected me to a complete battery of tests and could not find the Vocal Cord Cancer.

February 19th, 2015
Excellent and compassionate doc, highly recommended.
Dr. Gabalski's care was truly a blessing to my family. My father was referred to Dr. Gabalski by another great doctor following throat cancer surgery (total laryngectomy and throat reconstruction) performed at Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville. Dr. Gabalski provided postoperative and follow-up care for two years. He let me bring my father immediately once to treat a frightening partial airway obstruction that if left untreated would surely have resulted in a 911 call by night. He even gave my father a bent forceps tweezer to aid him in his trach care. Dr. Gabalski worked well with the other docs on my father's team, and I cannot forget that he took time to explain his scope and test results to my father and our family, and especially the time he took when the news was not good. The front desk staff was very courteous and very efficient.

January 1st, 2015
Shocking misdiagnosis and bad bedside manner
A year ago, I came to see Dr. Gabalski to have wax removed from my ears. When he suggested a hearing test in addition I agreed, although I had had one six months prior. A few minutes after a hearing specialist completed a new hearing test in his office, he entered where I was seated, and sat down on a chair; or I might say, slouched down on a chair opposite me. Without another word, he informed me that I would be deaf within a year. He did not prepare me for that shock in any way, nor mitigate it with any information about hearing aids. Of course, I was shocked and replied that on the previous test, the physician had declared that my hearing was fine and that I had no particular problems. The discrepancy between the two tests did not arouse his curiosity sufficiently for him to want to examine me further or to probe why the results of the two tests were contradictory. In fact, it did not arouse a single comment from him. He just stuck a piece of paper in my face, saying I should look at the graph he was holding and told me to see for myself that it clearly indicated that I would be deaf in a year. I replied that it was useless to show me a graph when I had no idea what its coordinates represented. He then gave me no further explanation about the graph. I inquired whether he could give me some advice as to how to handle my problem. He gave me none. He just repeated I would be deaf in a year and left. I have never encountered any professional who showed such a lack of tact and empathy. His inability to express a single consoling word, to give some advice as to how to cope with deafness or to make any suggestions as to available resources was extraordinary. BUT WORSE OF ALL, HE WAS WRONG. DEAD WRONG. In spite of his complete, unmovable conviction, my hearing is fine—though a year has passed. I wonder whether he has the capacity to learn from this experience both as to knowledge, empathy and manners.

October 27th, 2014
Went to dr gabalski for ringing in ear and vertigo,,at the time also had bad head cold.. Felt like I had a sinus infection which I know all too well what the symptoms are... Did everything but treat my illness,,got even sicker ended up at premier ,,one week later feeling worse ,, only to get the z pack that I needed in first place... Do not recommend this doctor

July 31st, 2014
a caring doctor
I had lost my hearing temporarily, which I did not know. Dr Gabalski was patient with me and removed my fear. He explained that I had fluid in the ears. He treated me and my hearing has returned. The doctor and staff were very courteous to me in all professional aspects

April 28th, 2013
Provided no help on emergency call
I called as a post surgical patient, never having seen this dr myself. My own dr prescribed an antibiotic for a sinus infection i had post surgically. However after several days of antibiotics it was worse and the pain and pressure in my face was unbearable. dr gabalski cut me off upon explaining my history and told me i could stop speaking bc he doesnt need to hear anymore. He then told me that he was not willing to change my antibiotic and if i wanted treatment today i should go to the ER. What is the purpose of being on call if u are not willing to do anything to help a patient in pain? only an uncaring jerk would cut a patient off during the description of their history and situation to tell them stop speaking. I wouldnt recommend this dr to my worst enemy!

January 12th, 2012
Dr. Galbalski has a horrible bedside manner. He is pompous, rude and uncaring!

August 5th, 2010
Although the wait in the waiting room was more than I would have liked, I felt it well worth the wait, since Dr. Galbalski was very thorough, pleasant, and reassuring through out my visit. I highly recommend him.

June 30th, 2010
Terrible Staff
office staff made my appointment, when I went in they told me the doctor was not there. They told me that someone called to cancel my appoitment, nobody ever called me to cancel. Then the head girl (who by the way had Tattoos on both her arms) very scarey,started talking very rude to me. Do not make the mistake of going to this doctor...it was a nightmare.