A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Gelmann:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Gelmann, Internist is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Gelmann, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hormone-Dependent Cancer
- Kaposi Sarcoma
- Kidney Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Lymphatic Diseases
- Ovarian Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
Education & Awards
Dr. Gelmann graduated from Stanford University. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Gelmann has 9 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- Georgetown University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gelmann accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 14 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edward P. Gelmann practice?
Dr. Edward Gelmann practices Medical Oncology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Washington, DC.
See New York Oncologists.