A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gerstenfeld
Atrial Fibrillation Patient Education Learn about atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat symptoms and treatments by reading the patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Gerstenfeld Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Abdominal Pain
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Flutter
- Back Pain
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Catheter Ablation
- Facial Pain
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Neck Pain
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Palliative Care
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Unstable Angina
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Gerstenfeld graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Gerstenfeld has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld MD is a male Internist, has 19 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld practice?
- Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld has 1 office location.
Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld practices Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Cardiologists.