A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Abdominal Pain
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Flutter
- Back Pain
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Catheter Ablation
- Facial Pain
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Neck Pain
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Palliative Care
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Unstable Angina
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Ventricular Tachycardia
Education & Awards
Dr. Gerstenfeld graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Gerstenfeld has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gerstenfeld accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld practice?
Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, and Cardiology near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Radnor, PA.
See San Francisco Internists and San Francisco Cardiologists.