Psychiatrists
North Salem Psychiatric
388 Hardscrabble Rd
North Salem, NY 10560
914-669-5526
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
by LARRY MILLER on Aug 17th, 2014

ARE YOU THE SAME EDDIE GORDON THAT LIVED AT 1640 STERLING PLACE IN BROOKLYN NY????

|  a caring professional  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2013

Dr. Gordon runs an excellent office. Its like a GP office for people that need mental health care. More psychiatrists should follow this model. His staff is wonderful because they care and will follow up with all requests. He has treated my 2 children through adulthood and myself. He is a dying breed of doctors who actually cares about his patients and does blood work regularly. Unlike many doctors that prescribe and then never see you, Dr. Gordon requires regular visits. I believe this is good medicine.

|  show details
Jul 18th, 2013

Incompetent staff money-hungry Dr. = DISASTER. RUN FAR AWAY. Most people go to a doctor to solve problems, not cause more. Abuse of power, disregard for patient well-being, it just gets worse.

|  Not Board Certified?? Yes because he probably lost it!!  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2012

This Dr. is beyond reprehensible. I lost custody of my child due to this man. My ex took my son there behind my back to get custody and talked all kinds of awful things about me. Gordon went so far as contacting Child Protective Services about me saying I was psychotic and my psychosis was getting worse and it is making my son psychotic!!..when after my ex got custody he admitted that he had never really met me!! Notwithstanding...due to his persistent attacks on me at the prompting of my ex, I almost had a neglect case against me. He had so ruined me I was forced to surrender custody as he and my ex had fabricated so much awful evidence against me. It turned out when I went in front of the judge for child protective services who had all of the information she wondered how Gordon "still had a license." After surrendering custody of my child I was found to have done nothing wrong. Very tragic for both my son and me.The next time I met Gordon a year later I told him I had consulted a Dr. at the Cleveland Clinic regarding my son and that he had disagreed with his diagnosis..he claimed "it was just a clinic" uhh its the #2 hospital behind the Mayo "Clinic"After that he again contacted CPS at the prompting of my ex. As a result I did not see my child for a month and went through a month of supervised visitation and spent thousands of dollars getting an independent Dr. to say I was fine. Again, after a CPS hearing it was found I had done nothing wrong and the Judge was again surprised Gordon still had a license as he diagnosed me after meeting twice for altogether 30 minutesNot Board Certified..I am hardly surprised..he has destroyed my son more than I can express but I can do nothing about it since now my ex calls the shots re my son. His staff calls my ex's wife my son's mother and he agrees.My ex has tons of money?? hmmmm?

|  Such a shame that the doctor has such awful staff!!!  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

The woman who books appointments and makes calls for the doctor is a nasty, unprofessional piece of work. I don't care how long she has been there - it's time for a change! Such a shame because otherwise the doctor is excellent.

|  Great Dr. and caring professional  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Gordon since I was a young man for OCD and depression. The expertise of him and his staff has led me through many rough times in my life. I highly reccommend this Dr. to anyone who needs to talk with a professional psychiatrist. There are also many good psychologists there as well who are more than willing to listen.

|  Oy Vey!  |  show details
by localcouple on Nov 16th, 2009

Go here if you are looking for trouble - they will help generate some.

|  former patient  |  show details
by never again! on Nov 12th, 2009

people are probably used to uncaring doctors........that i can live with. his office staff is horrendous! Rude and just nasty people. my average wait is an hour and then i'm ( my son) only given maybe a ten minute session. Looking for a more professional atmosphere.

|  Overbooked Dr.  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2009

Sadly things did not work out with Dr. Gordon. His approach is very minimalistic and he does not spend much time assessing the patient.