Dr. Edward Gundy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

December 24th, 2015
Dr Gundy is a throwback to the kind, mild-mannered doctor you once heard everyone talking about. An extremely likable gentleman and doctor. And he is a good physician. He is someone I respect and am glad to have found hum for my medical needs in his specialty.

October 2nd, 2015
Orthopedic-Surgeon
Nice person, kind and knowledgeable, will take Dr. Gundy's advice home with me.

March 25th, 2015
Great Orthopedic Specialists
I appreciate and respect a specialist who does not just medicate unnecessarily but takes the time to find the best solution for the healing process step by step until a method is found that works. In my case physical therapy.

May 2nd, 2013
Goes Elsewhere
First dealing with Westmed is the real problem. When you make an appointment it is with a call center in VA. I made an appointment and then called a half before the appointment and asked if the Dr. was running late as it only takes me 15min. to get there. I was told he was on time. I arrived 5 min. early and waited 50 min. (55 overall) No apology. I have no problem with the diagnoses and I did not feel rushed. When I called for the Dr. to ask a question I left a message with the CALL CENTER in VA. Who gave the message to the DR. assistant. The assistant called me back with out even acknowledging that I had not called for her but the Dr.. (The one with the education, the one I am paying for). when I asked why the Dr. was not returning my call she stated " I did not even give him the message". WHAT?! The Dr. called himself 3 hours later. I have no use for a Dr. that runs an office like that. Westmed has to many people looking at your files. Westmed has to many people that THINK THEY ARE THE DOCTORS.

June 15th, 2012
His "push through" method didn't work for my son
Dr. Gundy was not really listening to my son describe the enormous amount of pain he was in after a sports injury. He was diagnosed correctly, but given a brace instead of much needed crutches. After a week of missed school and a pain level still at a 9 out of 10 I finally called and said what can we do?? The nurse suggested crutches which we borrowed that same day from a neighbor friend and he was up and walking, back in school, and at a pain level of a 5 within a couple days. My son left his office that day with tears in his eyes (a tough 12 year old boy) because he was given no choice but to go home and push through the pain. Never again.....listen to your child and not the doctor. I feel awful for putting him through an unnecessary week of pain and lost school time.

March 6th, 2012
Good for some things, not others
Dr. Gundy helped my tendonitis by cortisone injection, but completely misdiagnosed my knee, even though I kept following up for months complaining that it was still not better. He didn't see a need for an MRI to definitely diagnose the problem but said I should push it instead. I did that, ended up in surgery after the second surgeon I saw Dr. Phillip Bauman did the MRI and saw I had 2 oblique tears and a third that was worse than the others. I wasted a year before having it taken care of.