Dr. Edward Gundy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Edward Gundy?

Posted on December 24th, 2015

Dr Gundy is a throwback to the kind, mild-mannered doctor you once heard everyone talking about. An extremely likable gentleman and doctor. And he is a good physician. He is someone I respect and am glad to have found hum for my medical needs in his specialty.

Orthopedic-Surgeon

Posted on October 2nd, 2015

Nice person, kind and knowledgeable, will take Dr. Gundy's advice home with me.

Great Orthopedic Specialists

Posted on March 25th, 2015

I appreciate and respect a specialist who does not just medicate unnecessarily but takes the time to find the best solution for the healing process step by step until a method is found that works. In my case physical therapy.

Goes Elsewhere

Posted on May 2nd, 2013

First dealing with Westmed is the real problem. When you make an appointment it is with a call center in VA. I made an appointment and then called a half before the appointment and asked if the Dr. was running late as it only takes me 15min. to get there. I was told he was on time. I arrived 5 min. early and waited 50 min. (55 overall) No apology. I have no problem with the diagnoses and I did not feel rushed. When I called for the Dr. to ask a question I left a message with the CALL CENTER in VA. Who gave the message to the DR. assistant. The assistant called me back with out even acknowledging that I had not called for her but the Dr.. (The one with the education, the one I am paying for). when I asked why the Dr. was not returning my call she stated " I did not even give him the message". WHAT?! The Dr. called himself 3 hours later. I have no use for a Dr. that runs an office like that. Westmed has to many people looking at your files. Westmed has to many people that THINK THEY ARE THE DOCTORS.

His "push through" method didn't work for my son

Posted on June 15th, 2012

Dr. Gundy was not really listening to my son describe the enormous amount of pain he was in after a sports injury. He was diagnosed correctly, but given a brace instead of much needed crutches. After a week of missed school and a pain level still at a 9 out of 10 I finally called and said what can we do?? The nurse suggested crutches which we borrowed that same day from a neighbor friend and he was up and walking, back in school, and at a pain level of a 5 within a couple days. My son left his office that day with tears in his eyes (a tough 12 year old boy) because he was given no choice but to go home and push through the pain. Never again.....listen to your child and not the doctor. I feel awful for putting him through an unnecessary week of pain and lost school time.

Good for some things, not others

Posted on March 6th, 2012

Dr. Gundy helped my tendonitis by cortisone injection, but completely misdiagnosed my knee, even though I kept following up for months complaining that it was still not better. He didn't see a need for an MRI to definitely diagnose the problem but said I should push it instead. I did that, ended up in surgery after the second surgeon I saw Dr. Phillip Bauman did the MRI and saw I had 2 oblique tears and a third that was worse than the others. I wasted a year before having it taken care of.

Posted on June 12th, 2017