Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
14271 Metropolis Ave
Ste B
Fort Myers, FL 33912
239-561-2200
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2013

His office will mess up your lab specimens and billing. For one of my OB visits he was unable to make it. His office failed to call me and I was seen by his medical assistant. She explained the doctor had to go to the hospital and that I would be seeing her that day. She even had the nerve to give me medical advice. Someone with only a high school education and a certification cannot give you medical advice. Having had two children before I knew I had to switch doctors. Now that I switched they are trying to bill me for services when my insurance covers 100%. His office is outdated in their equipment, decor, and practices.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Sarah on Feb 25th, 2013

I just had my first child and I chose Dr. Halpren's office for the reason's I was having conception problems. Since the first day I walked through his office doors have I ever thought of going to another doctor's office. They are courteous. I have never had a problem getting in the same day if needed. I have had to wait a few times but with a OBGYN doctor you should already expect that. Would you want to wait if you were pregnant and in the hospital for someone that is just doing a check up? Dont think so LOL. The longest I have waited for him to come was 30 minutes which I didn't mind. My favorite thing about Halpren is he spends lots of time with you, he explains everything to make sure you know whats going on or what to expect and he always ask if you have questions. I never feel rush and always feel like I do matter which is the most important thing. From beginning to end Halpren and his staff make me feel so comfortable. I have never once said I dont want to go to the doctors. I love going and always look foward to my visits. I wouldnt change him or his office for anything. He better be around for my future babies is all I have to say!!!

|  performed a very difficult surgery on me  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

was very caring and followed thru on all the terrible post op problems I had

|  HORRIBLE, Could not believe it!  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

I was very disappointed in the treatment I received by Doctor Halpren and his staff.I was told to "grow up" and "act like an adult" by Doctor Halpren himself after waiting for over an hour after my scheduled appointment. I was in severe pain and felt that he did not care or wanted to understand the way I have been feeling and my symptoms. After being told some results(Which were not good) and what needed to be done I constantly felt that I was not given the opportunity to ask questions and feel comfortable with my decision to proceed. I am not happy with my decision to have seen him now my 3rd time and and going to another doctor to get another opinion and the procedure needed. I believe a doctor, especially in this area of practice should be caring and understanding to their patients feelings and needs. He in no way shape or form fit this criteria.

|  great ob/gyn - nice guy  |  show details
by Melanie on Nov 10th, 2008

I've been seeing Dr. Halpren for almost 7 years - he delivered my last child almost 6 years ago. I really like him, he's great and so is his staff. A large waiting room w/lots of parenting mags & a nook for kids -- no TV. The wait can be long sometimes since this is a one-doctor office, and he does hospital checks. Closed on Tuesdays; office takes cash, check or credit/debit cards.