Emergency Physicians, Family Practitioner, Specialist

442 W High St
Suite B
Bryan, OH 43506
Locations and availability (7)

1.5

|  show details
Nov 12th, 2013

I am unsure of which doctor the other 2 reviews saw becuase the Dr. E Handyside that I dealt with was EXCELLENT. There are chairs in the room for the patient or their family. Dr Handyside comes in, sits on one of the chairs and takes time to really listen to your concerns. His bedside manner was amazing. He was very polite, very professional and caring. I left feeling like he really cared about me as a person. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  He is a jerk and obviously inexperienced  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

He treated me at the urgent care in maumee, oh. HE WAS A TOTAL JERK and I'm being polite by saying that. I normally wouldn't go to an urgent care but it was Saturday and I was so sick, I needed to see a DOCTOR. I was coughing really bad and once I really got coughing, I was wheezing and felt very short of breath. The nurse had taken me back to the room and took at my stats including my temperature. She said that I had a fever. I told her all my symptoms, etc. When Dr. HANDYSIDE came into the room, he asked me if I had a fever without even looking at the chart! I told him the nurse took my temperature and HE said - OH I would barely call that a fever at all. - After I told him my symptoms he asked me to sit on the examination table where he checked my throat, ears, nose. He only told me to take 2 breaths in while listening to my chest. Didn't have me cough or anything. It took him maybe 1 minute to examine me. Then he sat down and SAID that HE didn't go to MED school for 14 years to diagnose the COMMON COLD and that the PUBLIC should know not to come to the DOCTOR for the COMMON COLD. He said that I, being a massage therapist, should know this. I then told him, AGAIN, that I was coughing so hard that my chest hurt, it was keeping me up at night, and the night before I was scared to sleep because I was coughing so hard I couldn't breath! He said that he would write me a script for codeine cough syrup and I didn't need anything like an inhaler or antibiotics. Then he went on the lecture me about antibiotics and how they aren't used for the COMMON COLD. My friend was in the room the whole time and she couldn't believe what she heard and how he was treating me!!Sunday I coughed so bad I threw up and was having a terrible time breathing, so I went to see MY REAL doctor on Monday morning to find out that I have ASTHMATIC BRONCHITIS! And I did need an INHALER AND ANTIBIOTICS! DR. Handyside is a joke. APPARENTLY He needs to be EDUCATED ON WHAT THE COMMON COLD IS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THAT AND ASTHMATIC BRONCHITIS. Maybe he should go back to med school for another 14 years. I would not recommend him to anyone! Take my advice and go somewhere else!

|  One of the worse for bed side manner .. I would recommend getting a new doctor .  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2011

Well all I can say is ....really !!!! Nothing like feeling worse after the visit then before. He truly has no bedside manners. Make you feel like a number not a person. A feeling of he really is unhappy in his work. What a shame too. I so miss. Dr.zeiger