Dr. Edward Hanley MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 3rd, 2016
Complete jerk! He gave me 3 blind injections, set up my surgery and within 2 weeks I was called and told he is no longer performing surgeries or injections. NO explanation, nothing. Just sorry, and the nurse told me I was not the only patient that she had to call!

July 14th, 2015
Think twice before you use him.
His surgery on my spine collapsed and my straight spine now has a S in it. Went back for follow after 6 months was having more pain after surgery than before. Told him my right leg kept going numb. He brought me a picture of a back brace from Walmart and told me to wear it. He gave me pain pills after a month I called to talk to him cannot stand more than 15 minutes on my leg it goes numb and have to sit down afraid I will fall. His nurse calls me back the surgery to fix my back requires rods and pins he says it's too massive for me to undertake. They tell me I am just going to have to live with the numbness and he writes me off to more pain pills. I have no quaility of life I am in bed most of the day. I can't go anywhere cause my leg goes numb and can't feel it. THINK TWICE before you let this man cut on you. I am seeking a second opinion.

May 27th, 2014
Extruded disk and microdisectomy
I had an extruded l5-s1 disk. He diagnosed me and allowed for me to try to rehab it for two months. Although he recommended a surgery taken the extent of my injury he worked with me to see if it will get better . I did PT and got steroid injection. Nothing worked. After two months I decided to go for surgery. I called he scheduled it for the next day. Before surgery I was bed bound and could not do a thing the moment I woke up I was pain free. He is court and straight to the point. But he has a good heart and is very good at what he does. He will answer any questions you will have. But unless you ask you might not get an elaborate answer. He is a surgeon afterwards not an English teacher. So if you go to him make sure you ask. And if you require surgery he is excellent.

April 3rd, 2012
For each procedure over span of 20 years, this Dr. has proven accurate in diagnosis and plan of treatment/surgery. He very direct in his conversation and expanations, valuing my time as well as his, in non-vital dialog. His treatment has always been high quality, administered with understanding and compassion.

September 21st, 2011
He seemed very caring and helpful - he will owing durgery

January 26th, 2011
I found Dr. Hanley rather abrupt and callous. He basically told me in five minutes there was nothing wrong with my back and left the room. Only later after a second visit back to him, did he find out what was wrong. I do think Dr Hanley is an excellent Dr. He came highly recommended, however, his bedside manner could be better.