Overall Review

November 14th, 2016
WE ARE SO SAD THAT DR HANNA HAS LEFT. HES ONE OF THE BEST!!

September 10th, 2016
He is very through, and you don't feel like just another number.

August 22nd, 2016
Dr. Hanna is a rare gem in the medical field. His wait time is long, however, when you are in his office he listens to every word you say and truly cares about you as a whole person.

April 7th, 2016
Excellent doctor in every area except promptness. You do have to wait but he gives you the attention you need and in my opinion that makes up for the wait time. .

June 10th, 2014
DR. Hanna is a fantastic Doctor! My mother had been a patient, then my son and myself. He is very friendly (which I believe is what accounts for the terrible wait times) and knowledgeable. His nurses are always pleasant as well.

March 13th, 2013
Good Dr., terrible wait!
I find Dr. Hanna to be very knowledgable and seems to genuinly care about his patients. The office staff is very friendly. Overall, my experiences have been great in that respect. My only complaint is, as a working adult, the wait time is repeatedly terrible. I have to take 3+ hours off from work every time I have an appointment for something that should realistically take no more than an hour and a half (max.) For a 1:00 appointment, I did not even see the doctor until 2:30. Also, they will not refill your meds unless you make an appointment every 3 months, which is also hard for those of us that work. Overall, the knowledge and bedside manner of this staff is great, but the wait times are rediculous!

September 9th, 2011
Excellent diagnostician ...but be prepared to wait
I have been a patient for over 20 years. Dr. Hanna has always had very long waits - I've sometimes waited over 2 hours. When I do get in to see him, he's able to understand my issues and has consistently capable of figuring out what is going on medically. Since entering the Sentara group, however, it seems more and more of his time is spent filling in computer forms and less and less gets spent on actual exams. Maybe that's a fault with the "improved" linking of medical information among all physicians in the system, but I think it takes away from the patient.