Orthopedic Surgeons

Park 100
8450 Northwest Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46278
317-802-2844
Locations and availability (7)

3.0

|  Almost Lost my Life Because of Dr. Hellman  |  show details
by Kay Williams on Jul 25th, 2014

Dr. Hellman replaced both of my hips. He did an okay job on the first one, but must have been in an extreme hurry for the second; I ended up with MULTIPLE DVTs in my right leg, a "cut femoral nerve", and a heart attack due to a massive pulmonary embolism that nearly ended my life. The incision on that leg was a sloppily done mess, also. But the thing that is most concerning to me is that Dr. Hellman KNEW he had cut my femoral nerve, but would not tell me, until I was in Intensive Care a few weeks later with the pulmonary embolism, at which time he confessed to having cut the major nerve in my leg. I've been left with partial paralysis in that leg and have had to learn to walk again very differently. I agree with reviews I've read about him since, he has to have one of the WORST bed-side manners I've ever experienced. He is short, rude and often irritated with patients.... (and his side-kick woman that goes everywhere with him is just as rude!!) Since I had the last surgery, I've heard SO many unhappy people who have had the misfortune to be his patients. Wish I had read these reviews prior to letting him cut me open!

|  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

Edward J. Hellman it is NOT a doctor liked or respected by most of his patients and staff (per intensive investigations through interviews with staff and patients). Ed is NOT a very impressive doctor displaying an unfriendly, cold and arrogant personality towards his patients and their families.Not a nice man! Complaints have been filed but no change has occurred. His professional skills are rated very low. Perhaps 27 years have gotten the best of him and retiring may be beneficial for us all!

|  show details
Jan 5th, 2012

An amazing surgeon! Dr. Hellman has done 2 surgeries on my right hip over a period of 20 years and he is the best! I would go to no one else!