Dr. Edward Hellman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 3rd, 2017
Excellent Experience
He replaced both of my knees. Was efficient, did an excellent job and I had no problems post surgery. Have recommended him to other coworkers. Great sense of humor, great bedside manner.

December 13th, 2016
Had both total knee replacements done by Dr. Hellman. Had fantastic results and have recommended him to numerous people. Great personality in dealing with patients. Very thorough with providing options.

December 17th, 2015
Just Don't Do It
This guy was arrogant, and seemed bothered to have to deal with patients at all. He took my relative off ALL pain medications the day after a knee replacement and when the nurses realized they had to call Dr. Hellman, they cringed and said he didn't like to be bothered after hours. Well guess what, someone with a total knee replacement is going to need something for pain the night after surgery and he put everyone (all of us and the hospital staff) in a bad position, so yeah you're going to get "bothered". Total lack of concern.

July 25th, 2014
Almost Lost my Life Because of Dr. Hellman
Dr. Hellman replaced both of my hips. He did an okay job on the first one, but must have been in an extreme hurry for the second; I ended up with MULTIPLE DVTs in my right leg, a "cut femoral nerve", and a heart attack due to a massive pulmonary embolism that nearly ended my life. The incision on that leg was a sloppily done mess, also. But the thing that is most concerning to me is that Dr. Hellman KNEW he had cut my femoral nerve, but would not tell me, until I was in Intensive Care a few weeks later with the pulmonary embolism, at which time he confessed to having cut the major nerve in my leg. I've been left with partial paralysis in that leg and have had to learn to walk again very differently. I agree with reviews I've read about him since, he has to have one of the WORST bed-side manners I've ever experienced. He is short, rude and often irritated with patients.... (and his side-kick woman that goes everywhere with him is just as rude!!) Since I had the last surgery, I've heard SO many unhappy people who have had the misfortune to be his patients. Wish I had read these reviews prior to letting him cut me open!

January 18th, 2012