inactive

Edward L Hines MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.0

no change

June 24th, 2016
Dr Hines was an excellent hand surgeon. Had no bedside manner what so ever. Had reconstructive thumb surgery. Did very good job but sent me back to work next day with aspirin. Had to take week vacation because of pain. Same with other surgeries he did. Did not want to subscribe enough strength meds to help. Acted like you were going to abuse them.

June 8th, 2011
A Nightmare Doctor Visit
I came into the office with the thought I was going to see Dr. Smith. Instead I was greeted by Dr. Hines. The visit was to discuss my shoulder, in which barely came up in the entire visit. The visit was focused on me being a smoker and overweight. He had the gaul to say I "may" be able to fit into the MRI machine. I was stunned by this doctor's bedside manner. I believe my eyes were as big as pop bottles when he continued to make comments about my weight. To top off the visit, he suggested I cut my pain pills in half so I would not become addicted. I explained to him I did not take the medication unless I absolutely needed it. As he saw me becoming angry, he changed his attitude, but by this point I was not interested in anything he had to say. He did not offer to help me put the sling back on my arm and acted as if he could not get out of the room fast enough. I DO NOT recommend this doctor to anyone. I am just going to chalk it up to him having a bad day, but his humanity is GONE!! The front staff however, are very nice and helpful. After telling the clerk about his behavior, she quickly assured me she would handle the situation. My appointment was at 9am, but did not see the doctor until 9:50am. I cannot believe I waited that long for that kind of verbal abuse. After all is said and done, I do still wish him a better doctor while he is laying on the table.