A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Hook:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Hook is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Hook, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Bacterial Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Chlamydia Infections
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Genital Herpes (Herpes Genitalis)
- Gynecologic disorders
- HIV Infections
- HIV Seropositivity
- Hepatitis C
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Infection
- Inflammation of Urethra (Urethritis)
- Intravenous Substance Abuse
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Syphillis (Neurosyphilis)
- Uterine Cervix inflammation (Uterine Cervicitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hook graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 9 awards.
Dr. Hook has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Uab Medical West
- Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward W Hook MD is a male Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- Where does Dr. Edward W. Hook practice?
- Dr. Edward Hook has 3 office locations.
Dr. Edward Hook practices Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Internists and Birmingham Infectious Disease Doctors.