Dr. Edward Hughes MD Patient Reviews

• Radiation Oncology Dayton, OH

October 6th, 2016
My breast cancer tre..
My breast cancer treatment experience began with the very pleasant surprise of how easy it was to to get in the facility. Instead of a parking garage and a long walk, I parked at the door! My radiation treatments (36 total) were so quick and easy I was in and out in 15 minutes most days. The technicians were very cheerful and helpful as well as efficient to get the best results quickly. Before starting treatment, I told Dr Hughes I needed a certain day off to take care of a family matter. He was very understanding and helpful. I'm glad I chose Dr Hughes.

July 6th, 2016
Dont waste your time. Dr. Hughes was a terrible doctor
Dr Hughes was a terrible doctor. He treated my father horribly. He was overtly rude and demeaning to him. My father was shamed into treatment, Dr. Hughes disregarded his complaints and concerns. My fathers' cancer got worse and as a result he has since passed (less than 3 years after treatments). The billing department is full of crooks. They mis-billed the insurance company and upon realization that they were not receiving payment for the treatment that they mis-coded, they threatened my parents with a collection agency and ruining their credit (for Dr. Hughes' mistake). They tried to discount the treatment from 10,000 to 2,500 in one phone call in effort to collect as much money as possible. He is a money hungry uncaring sad excuse for a doctor. I would never recommend ANYONE go to Dr. Hughes, save yourself the judgement and criticism. Dr. Hughes should be ashamed of himself!

April 22nd, 2016
Finding out your can..
Finding out your cancer is back after 8 years is very alarming. Then you hear that you have to go through 40 treatments of radiation. The unknown!! However, your staff made my circumstances easy and stress free. I learned so much from everyone that I was in contact with over the months. Doctors, Nurses, Techs, Front Desk to Billing. Thank You!!

March 3rd, 2016
Having the CyberKnif..
Having the CyberKnife treatment was so easy and painless that I still am amazed. I was so afraid about having treatment for lung cancer, but everyone at First Dayton made it so easy. Dr. Hughes told me all of my options and helped me to pick what was best. Everyone was very friendly and answered all of questions. The best thing was that I felt better after only two treatments. I could breathe easier and had less spit up. I knew immediately that the treatment worked. If you have lung cancer, have this treatment! I am so happy that I did not have surgery. They say that I should just keep feeling better and better. I believe that I will. Thank you Dr. Hughes for saving my life.

October 20th, 2015
Very Caring and Personable
My experience was excellent in every way. The staff was top notch! Dr Hughes is very caring and personable. The Facility is easy to get to and access.

September 15th, 2015
VERY POSITIVE AND PROFESSIONAL
FROM BEGINNING TO END OF 5 DAY TREATMENTS EVERYONE IS VERY POSITIVE AND PROFESSIONAL TO ME & MY WIFE DENNY. EVERY TEST & PROCEDURE WAS EXPLAINED IN DETAIL & EASY TO UNDERSTAND. THANKS TO ALL WHO WERE INVOLVED IN MY CARE.

September 11th, 2015
Very Professional
ALL ASPECTS OF TREATMENT WERE HANDLED VERY PROFESSIONALLY. EVERYTHING WAS EXPLAINED CLEARLY AND IN GREAT DETAIL. EVERYONE I HAD CONTACT WITH WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE MY TREATMENTS COMFORTABLE. NOT A SINGLE COMPLAINT ABOUT CYBERKNIFE!!!

September 1st, 2015
Very Friendly and Helpful
I received treatment at First Dayton Cancer Care with Dr Hughes. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Everything was done in an efficient and punctual manner.

August 28th, 2015
Strongly Recommended
The staff was wonderful and made this whole experience much easier. Dr Hughes and Dr Marger are two whom I would recommend to anyone in the need of cancer treatment. First Dayton Cancer Care is a First Rate Cancer Center.

March 17th, 2015
Exceptional
Scheduled for robotic prostatectomy Kettering Hospital on Feb. 7, 2015.. Surgery wasn't my main concern, it was the recovery period I worried about. Invasive surgery; holes in stomach,wearing the bag for 6-10 days, chance for infection, etc. Contacted the cyberknife folks, and after conferring, the procedure in pursuing this route was a no brainer. No invasive cutting, quicker recovery, no comparsion between the two choices. Cancelled my scheduled surgery at Kettering Hospital, and began my treatment through cyberknife. I've just completed my radiation theraphy, and feel as close to normal as possible. Doctors, nurses, were exceptional,and I would recommend following this avendure for everyone suffering with prostate compications.

August 5th, 2014
Amazing
I am fortunate enough to get in touch with Dr. Hughes regarding my cancer treatment...........the staff is amazing.....facility is quite hi-tech......love them......:-)

May 23rd, 2014
Edward N Hughes, Oncology Radiologist
I recently underwent mammosite radiation treatment for breast cancer at the First Dayton Cancer Care Center, under the supervision of Dr Edward Hughes, and I was so impressed with the way I was treated. All of the receptionists, technicians, nurses were very friendly, efficient and well-trained. I always felt welcomed and well cared for when I arrived. Dr Hughes was courteous and caring and he runs an outstanding radiation care center.