Dr. Edward Holland MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

May 6th, 2016
Horrible doctor

February 1st, 2016
Sure glad Dr. Holland is our pediatric endocrinologist!
My son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 10 years ago. Dr. Holland has been his ped endo doc since then, and we have been so blessed by his work on our sons case.

December 2nd, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Holland for 11 years and have always loved him and his staff, Amanda and Emily! Everyone is so nice and caring and make me feel like I'm not just another patient.

December 11th, 2014
Long waiting times and he is a rude person.

September 4th, 2014
mother of a patient
my daughter is now 18yrs old, who on earth is a doctor to help you and releases you because you sometimes don't have the capability of taking care of yourself. my daughter doesn't drive we live a very hectic life and he has now released himself as her physician. if a patient doesn't follow up with the advise of a physician why do you feel you need to release yourself. who does that, if she is required to do something don't refill the prescripition until that requirement is met. if you can have another physician for you children please find another one. office staff is so not the friendly type.

May 2nd, 2014
Does NOT Listen or Seem to Care
He only gets one star because I need to give at least one to write a review. I've had Type I diabetes for 13 years, and have NEVER been so disrespected by a doctor in my entire life. He talks down to both me (and my mother, who solely took care of me when I was a child) and treats me like I'm five years old and doesn't listen to what I have to say. He's very much in to pumps and internal glucose monitoring systems and does not like it when you say no to any of the above. His staff is nice (most of the time, unless it's the end of the day), but they only treat you a little better than he does (I believe they're related to him). All in all, if you're a perfect diabetic (i.e. nothing abnormal about your illness) then you won't have any problems with him. If you are different in that way, avoid at all costs.

June 24th, 2013
The receptionist/front office girl Amanda was incredibly rude! I don't know if Dr. Holland have received any complaints about her. She wouldn't let me see him after she told me to reschedule or go down to the coffee shop to make change because she couldn't break a hundred dollar bill for co-pay. I understood that but she went on to say they're "not a bank" She was not willing to work with me. It's not like I was trying to get a free visit. This person should not be in a profession where she has to deal with the public. Or get some patient care training first!!! She had her huge dog in the front office and she was telling me they'll get fined for not collecting co-pays...hello!! what care facility with sick kids coming will not get fined for bringing animals into the work place??!!! Highly unprofessional!!

May 22nd, 2013
Mother
I called Dr. Holland’s office and spoke with a lady from his staff (Amanda). I canceled our appointment and told her we will no longer be seeing Dr. Holland due to bad patient services and multiple errors in their prescriptions and ordering a blood test. Amanda was extremely rude and denied her and their staff to be at fault for anything. I asked to remove us from the scheduled appoint for May 16, 2013. I am concerned she did not do so and will charge us for not showing up. I noticed the online complaints were very accurate. To communicate with this office was very difficult. They do not have a standard voice mail or email to use as a backup for when the office is busy or closed. This decision was made Monday when the blood test was not ordered (even though I specifically discussed with her that I can pick up paper work) and we were running out of time to get the blood test in for the upcoming appointment. I called Dr. Holland on his cell phone and thought he could order the blood test for us – due to it being after 5pm he was upset and said what can I do from here? He also said call my office tomorrow morning. He was rude. For this appointment it was important to have the blood work. It takes approximately 2-3 days to process. He could have prepared something for me before 8pm (the hour the lab closes) but did not want to engage with trouble shooting the issues.

May 18th, 2013
Dr. Holland is awful. My son hates going to his appointments and so do we. He spends about 5 minutes with my son just to tell me there is nothing wrong with him. Then, goes to tell us to come back in 6 months. And the same thing happens on the next appointment. So why have him keep coming back if there's nothing wrong? We've been to 5 appointments. We will be going to someone else from now on.

April 3rd, 2013
My son has been seen by Dr. Holland for over 7 years now with AMAZING care. Dr. Holland is funny, patient, compassionate and soo, sooo caring. We have lived in 14 states and 2 countries with doctors being from complacent to "handle it" attitudes. This is a life long serious, but very unusual medical condition that requires injections with consequences and Dr. Holland gets this. Would NOT go anywhere else for any reason. Hat that he will only be able to see him for 4 more years then he will be too old at 25.

February 14th, 2013
NEVER AGAIN!!!
This man has a horrible bed-side manner, does not answer questions or concerns, and has a holier-than-thou attitude. I will NEVER forget that visit, not only that, the milligrams of Synthroid that he wanted to start my daughter off at, would have caused great damage and seal her bones.

September 20th, 2012
Unprofessional staff and rude bedside manner
The MA was wearing flip flops with dirty feet. The receptionists with the lisp was incompetent and didn't remember we were waiting.Dr Holland had to have one of the WORST bed side manners I have ever seen and I've worked in the medical field for over 16 years!