A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Chan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Chan is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Chan, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Chan graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Chan has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan