A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Chan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Chan is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Chan
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Chan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Chan, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Laser Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Chan graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Chan has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Kai-Wai Chan MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Edward K. Chan practice?
- Dr. Edward Chan has 1 office location.
Dr. Edward Chan practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.