Dr. Edward Kassman MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Westlake Village, CA

April 24th, 2017
I used to work with him
Dr. Kassman was the medical director of an adolescent unit where I was employed as a licensed therapist. He saw his patients for 5 minutes and billed insurance for an hour. I know this to be a fact. He was insulting and dismissive. Today his comments would result in a law suit against him. He got away with so much back then and I cannot believe that he is still in practice!

April 7th, 2015
Systematic; some may find this off-putting. Spends as much time as it takes with you.

February 3rd, 2015
Best of the Best
I have been seeing Dr. Kassman going on 4 years now. He brought me out of a lifelong fog. After years of bad doctors and inappropriate medications, Dr. Kassman is truly a life saver. He is a briliant old man, and very kind. His visits are thorough and well worth the price. I highly recommend him.

October 17th, 2013
Dr, Kassman is a great and caring Dr.
Dr. Kassman has been treating my child who has a very difficult mental illness. He is very careful about changes in medications and makes sure to continually check labs to make sure medications are not causing other side effects. I often do not have a wait time. Only a couple of times in two years have I had to wait 15 min. He is very responsive when you call and leave a message even after hours. I think is GREAT!

May 11th, 2013
The Best Doctor
Dr Kassman is an execellent Doctor, he is very carring, sweet, explain everything very easy to understand,he had been treatmenting for 8 years now and I feel Wonderful, I reborn with his accurate diagnostic! I finally feel freedom in my life, I feel happy then ever. My best wishes he have a long long life because I don't know what I will do with out him. Dr.Kassman is the Best.

September 18th, 2012
I've been seeing Dr Kassman for over 2.5 years - no change in meds- and he still wants to see me every month (@$110) he has apts Mon/Tues/Wens - but always runs 30min late. Will want to tinker with your perscriptions - no regard for situational stress symptoms. Great about emergency apts and phone calls when office is closed.

July 30th, 2012
Dr. Kassman is a excellent doctor, caring, patient. Im very happy with the medical treatment; he had change my life and I feel like I new person, I recomend 100% you visit him, if you want to get better and feel the freedom of live.

July 28th, 2012
Recent Colonoscopy in July 2012
My Mother had her 5 Colonoscopy done last week, By Dr. Neil Kassman. She has had Two (2) other ones, which happen to be a Female Dr. and she NEVER had any type of soreness|tenderness whatsoever. Unfortunately, this was not the case this time.She has been VERY SORE & TENDER and it hurts her to even take a deep breath! Not only this, she had more air in her stomach this time than I have ever seen!!After the procedure, I was expecting the Dr. to come back shortly after mom came back into the room to speak with me regarding what he did or didn't see, NOT so much! The nurse advised me that he was doing another procedure BEFORE coming to talk to us. Not only did he do that to us, there were 2 others I know of for sure, (might have been 3) before mom that was still waiting to be seen as well. He was obviously running behind, (which is the NORM for him!) At the Dr.'s office; We waited for OVER an hour to see him. I asked the nurse there why in the world it was taking so long, and she said "He takes his time with each patient. Great, he should HOWEVER .... DO NOT schedule an appointment every 15 - 20 minutes if you are not able to keep up at that pace. Period! In my "Nurses" opinion, He was hurrying because he made a statement "mom over heard" that he had to be out of there by 12:30. At this point, it was 12:15 and yes, she went back for her procedure at 10:50. The "next" day, I did receive a call asking how mom was. I let them know she was very sore, very tender and all she said was, that's normal and she didn't really say it in a caring way, it just was what it was! WELL it is obviously HIS normal, and defiantly not other Dr.'s normal. I have spoke with 3 other ladies, and neither of them have experienced what mom has and still is going thru with the all the sore and tenderness.SO...You choose if you would want to wait over an hour to see him in the office PLUS be treated like you are in a spay and neuter clinic, where they brings the dogs|cats in one right after the other!!OR I suggest you Find a Doctor so you are not left feeling like my mom!!

August 2nd, 2011
Dr. Kassman definitely knows what he's talking about. If you ask him for a more detailed explanation of your disorder(s)/treatment options, he is more than willing to describe the biochemistry behind them at a level that is easily accessible.

April 13th, 2011
Over-medicates and does not really listen
This doctor does not listen to anything you have to say other then the same questions he asks everytime you come in. He prescibed me Luvox, then when I tried to go off of it told me the horrible withdrawals I was experiencing were all in my head. He told me SSRI's should not cause withdrawal. He will give you a medication for every single emotion you have until you find yourself on 8 different meds. Not a good doctor if you want someone who listens to how you are actually feeling! Noit sure how he has gotten such good ratings from 4 other people!

October 18th, 2010
Dr. Kassman is a caring and incredibly knowledgeable psychiatrist. He explains what is going on with you so that you understand. I'm so glad that he was recommended to me!