Overall Review

2.3
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 3rd, 2016
I think he used illegal balance-billing on his bill to me.
He filled a total of 800 in claims to Medicare and accepted Medicare assignment. One of his claims was denied by Medicare, and the Medicare EOB said the max we could be billed for it is 0.0. Yet, he says we owe it and included this denied charge on his bill to us. The Medicare EOB's also said the maximum we could be billed on all his claims is 131.17, and my secondary insurance paid this amount. His bill to me is for 154.63. To get this amount, he took his original total charge of 800, subtracted the amount Medicare paid, and subtracted the 131.17 my secondary paid. This 154.63 will give him the exact 800 he filed to Mexico. It will give him the amount Medicare wrote off. This is illegal, because he accepted Medicare assignment. His office insists he can do this, because he is not associated with any insurance company. He may not be associated with any private insurance company, but he is associated with Medicare and is bound by the laws that govern it . I can't rate anything else, because he took my doctor's place in the hospital while he was on vacation.