Dr. Edward Mccarthy DO Patient Reviews

November 17th, 2016
Blaming Doctor for wife addiction

December 15th, 2015
Great Doctor & Staff
Dr. McCarthy is a real compassionate doctor and a real nice guy. I have trust in him His staff is the best.

September 29th, 2015
One of the best medical doctors I have ever had.

May 8th, 2015
Best Pain Specialist ever!
I have been a patient of Dr. McCarthy since 2008 and he has been able to help me manage my post herpetic neuralgia pain in a manner that minimizes the use of drugs.

January 19th, 2015
Dr Mc is very sweet, he listens to my concerns, he makes sure none of my meds will clash with one another, because I have to take many meds. He's very thorough, he spends time with me, he listens and responds to my concerns. He's great!

November 9th, 2013
Suboxone abuse !
It seems Dr. McCarthy needs to do more research into the effects and applications before prescribing medications like Suboxone to drug addicted patients. Suboxone is a highly addictive drug in itself and is to be prescribed on a fairly short term basis and is to be used in conjunction with therapy ( counseling ). My ex has been prescribed this medication for more than 2 years and she does no counseling. She was getting drug tested every 2 weeks but in between drug tests would do drugs. Doesn't seem like a very affective treatment. Then when he tries to cycle her off them , she just finds them somewhere else or just starts doing pills again. This cycle has been going on for years and it has ruined my family ! I think by this point i would have recommended a 6 month rehab which she has never done in 15yrs of being addicted , instead of feeding her more highly addictive opiates ! That doesn't take a degree to figure that out. Just trading one dependency for another instead of solving the problem. Maybe we will figure it out after she has an overdose or has respitory failure from the Suboxone ? What would be the solution then ?

September 22nd, 2010
Best Doctor Around
Dr McCarthy is one of the best doctors I have ever experienced. His professionalism and knowledge is acceptional. One of the smartest and coolest doctors out there. Highly recommend him.

May 26th, 2010
great doc with a great heart
Dr. McCarthy is my regular doc but one time 3 months after i gave birth i went to a closer docs office for chest pain accompanied by high blood pressure.... that docs office gave me a perscription that caused me dangerous side effects then refused to give me a different perscription unless i came back in and i have no isurance so i decided i would rather see dr. mccarthy if i had to pay anyone.... he found me a medication that worked for me and it was cheap and i could take it while breastfeeding. i told him i had no insurance so he told me to keep track of my blood pressure and call in a few weeks just to report how i was doing so i wouldn't have to pay to come back in that soon..... i am feeling great & my blood pressure is under control and it didnt cost me an arm and a leg.... dr mccarthy is the best