Dr. Edward Mcfarland MD Patient Reviews

4.7

no change

March 24th, 2017
Outstanding!!
Had the best experience with the best doctor and staff. Couldn't have asked for better and wouldn't see anyone else!!

March 9th, 2017
Great Dr.
Very little waiting time in the waiting room. Dr. McFarland replaced both of my shoulders and I couldn't be happier. He answered mine and my wifes questions I never felt rushed. His team is outstanding from the people in the office to the nurses on the floor of the hospital they were all kind and considerate. If you choose Dr. McFarland you will have a really good professional and caring team to help you through,.

July 31st, 2016
The Best Shoulder Surgeon in MD, VA and DC
Dr. McFarland saved my shoulder when no other surgeon in Northern VA would touch me or consider surgery. This shoulder had already gone through two other surgeries. Last one almost destroyed my arm mobility. His reverse replacement was so good that I was able to reverse replace (different from regular replacement) my other shoulder. Now I am a new person. My mobility is back. Range of motion is great and getting better as time passes. I would recommend Dr. Edward McFarland to anyone who needs an exceptional surgeon whom they can trust do do an excellent job. Dr. McFarland is kind, caring and very cautious. You'd be well rewarded to follow his directions. He also visited me at the hospital on Thanksgiving day when he should have been with his family and every day after until I was released from the surgery. He was considerate enough to keep me at the hospital so I would not have to travel back and forth from home in case of any problem - I live 75 miles away from his office and 50 miles away from Johns Hopkins Hospital at Baltimore MD, where he operated on me. He is the best doctor I have been fortunate enough to know. I would recommend him wholeheartedly.

June 30th, 2016
Dr. McFarland is the best shoulder doctor you could have. A year after a reverse shoulder replacement I have more range of motion then I can remember having since I was hurt. Everything about the experience has been wonderful. I need my other shoulder done and can't wait so I can have more quality of life and movement. Greatest medical experience I have had.

May 26th, 2016
Dr. McFarland is the best in the world! He saved my conducting career, and years later, he is the most helpful doctor ever.
Dr. McFarland repaired a Slap-Tear Legion, performed a right shoulder Biceps Tenodesis, and AC joint excision, all on the right shoulder. I am a professional conductor, and my career was about over from excessive pain. Dr. McFarland saved my career in 2008, and I have been conducting pain free ever since! Everyone now jokes that I have a twenty-something shoulder and they ask me if I have magic powers! He is a genius. He is also an exceptional human being, and he even goes beyond expectations to help my family and friends get to the doctors they need at JHH. HIs bedside manner is amazing, and he is thoughtful, thorough and the best in the world. I recommend him to everyone. No amount of stars can adequately describe how great he is!!!!

May 13th, 2016
Dr McFarland came to me highly recommended and I found him to be terrific.

May 13th, 2016
My reverse shoulder replacement was nothing short of fantastic! The care I received was cutting edge and the outcome everything I could've hoped for.

May 9th, 2016
I have had a reverse shoulder replacement three years ago and Dr McFarland and his staff have been the best. I am back to normal and am very pleased with my results.

January 22nd, 2016
2 anterior capsular shifts (bilateral) in 2 years. The man has magic hands.

December 13th, 2015
The best in the business.

November 23rd, 2015
I coldn't be more pleased with the success of the operation. Most of all I was impressed with Dr McFarland's exceptional ability.

November 4th, 2015
First class in total. Dr. McFarland drew my trust and confidence, almost immediately at the first consultation and I scheduled surgery. He repaired a separated bicep, frozen shoulder and abated a very badly shredded rotator cuff. The end result is that I have over 90% range and strength in the shoulder and arm. I would, (and have), recommend Dr. McF. to anyone in need.