Dr. Edward Michna MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 30th, 2017
Average 90 seconds in the room
Never did a physical exam of any kind. Unwilling to discuss issues with medication he prescribed or alternatives. Very egotistical. Longest face to face time was less than 5 minutes and I saw him for 9 months. Stay away

February 19th, 2016
ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE DOCTOR
After 5 visits I am done! He should not be allowed to practice medicine, I saw him probably a total of 2 minutes cumulatively in the 5 visits. Each time I was questioned by the fellow and asked "what can we help you with?" And answered the same exact list of questions each time; which all pertained to my medical history which is documented in my records! After having a extremely adverse reaction to a medication he gave me I called their office for advice and waited eight hours to hear back from the nurse who then couldn't offer any help or suggestions and seemed like she didn't care ! The whole experience has been a true nightmare & I was never helped. I am truly astonished that the Brigham & Women's Hospital employs such a low life clown of a doctor and human being . DO NOT SEE HIM AS YOUR DOCTOR!!

October 1st, 2015
RUDE RUDE RUDE
Omg! Never in daughters medical journey have we come across such a cold-hearted, RUDE, insulting so called doctor! And I've had some bad ones. He has NO bedside manner for people in chronic pain. He smirked & cocked his head & said "yea that surgery your surgeon wants to do doesn't work". You're not a surgeon!! He was rude rude rude and acting as though the 1 minute he spent with us was keeping him from some thing more important. The young doctor who did our intake had compassion - gave us hope. Mischna walks in a dashes any hope. How can a doctor who treats pain patients be so cold ?? Oh and his black jeans with the Levi size tag still attached wasn't impressive as a professional. Run to a more compassionate dr. No appt is better than one with him.

October 1st, 2015
HORRIBLE doctor
Dr. Michna was the worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. He just simply laughed at my pain as well as at the surgery I am planning to get. I have never met such a condescending, rude and horrible person. Do NOT waste your time. He is far from a pain management doctor. He does absolutely nothing, sits in the room and laughs for 2 minutes and walks out. Horrible doctor, I wish I listened to all the reviews on here before I went. If I could give a 0 I would.

March 2nd, 2015
The Pope with no sermon
He does nothing students do all the work. He comes in shakes your hand and walks out of room which is rude at best Thinks he's the pope or a senator running for office pressing flesh. Offers nothing, shows no insight. He's off to shake another patients hand spins around and off he goes.

February 23rd, 2013

November 13th, 2012
Doesn't care
I have seen him for over two years because its "not a good idea" to switch pain doctors I was told. He does not return calls, does not care about increase in pain, and is just not very caring at all. I wish I had read the many negative reviews before I started going to him. My pain level is becoming totally unmanageable, and I can't function, and he won't even schedule an appointment for me. I am not on opioids- not even asking for them- just want to be able to work! I am at the end of my rope, and I can't even get an appointment or an answer abou why.

February 1st, 2012
Had a positive informative appointment!
I'm not sure why there are such horrible reviews. After reading them I was scared to go see Dr. Michna however I kept the appointment to see for myself. Boy am I glad I did! Dr. Michna and the staff could not have been more kind, friendly or attentive. While the wait time is on the long side they are a very busy office and I didn't mind. Dr much as intern was very kind and spent a considerable amount of time collecting my history. I have pain due to endometriosis and am uncomfortable talking about it to men on top of reading negative reviews I was nervous. Well couldn't have been more kind or friendly! He was wonderful! He explained things much clearer than my surgeon had telling me things that she had neglected to inform me of. Although I'm in pain I feel hopefully for the first time in a long time. He put a plan in motion to help me with my pain and to help me ween off of the narcotics I'm taking and I look forward to that sooner than later. After meeting him I can't imagine him behaving the way these reviews said he did. I would highly recommend Dr. Michna

April 18th, 2011
I've never had a more rude physician -- both he and his 2 residents behaved unprofessionally and uncaring. He didn't bother to come to my bedside following an in depth procedure (which he did not do - rather, he had his inexperienced resident perform the procedure and hurt me!). Outrageous....

September 23rd, 2010
Find a different doctor
Dr Michna's may be a skilled Doctor, I just don't know because he doesn't spend any time talking with me or discussing my situation. The few times I have met with him, he treated me as if I weren't in the room. He has no personal skills whatsoever, and is actually quite rude. If you are looking for a pain management Doctor, I recommend you look elsewhere.

April 9th, 2017