Dr. Edward Miranda MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

July 6th, 2015
The best experience ever.

March 10th, 2012
Great experience
I saw the doctor for a reconstructive issue, not something cosmetic. He was running late and the first thing he did was sincerely apologize to me when he came into the consult room. He is a good listener, very courteous, did not talk down to me, offered me several options and took his time answering all of my questions and addressing my concerns. The staff was polite, attentive and accommodating. My only "criticism" is that the space needs some art work and bigger coffee tables in the waiting room!

August 11th, 2011
Avoid at all costs
Had Dr. Miranda as the on call doctor for CPMC ER for a laceration above the eye sustained while playing basketball last fall. ER experience was professional and he did a good job on the eye.Unfortunately that is where the good experience ended. Found out afterwards that he was an out of network doctor (How did this happen and why was I not told this when I asked at CPMC that this would be covered?), and after several rounds with insurance was denied coverage.DOUBLE insult that Dr. Miranda's bill had multiple double charges, and grossly over inflated charges for a 30 minute procedure (bill was over $5,000) which was then sent to collections while I was still in process with insurance and state of CA. Blue Shield list price is $1500 for the same procedure.Ended up paying to collections as Dr. Miranda's office would not help on any fronts other than to punt me back to my insurance carrier (which they did not recognize or belong to). Even though several of the charges were clearly doubled and erroneous.Avoid at all costs. Medical care is painful enough without being extorted on the back side.

June 25th, 2010
Worst dr. in the Bay Area
Dr. Miranda is one of the worst plastic surgeon in the Bay Area. He is so unexperienced (do not trust his web site) and uses his patients as guinea pigs. I got sucked in when I read about his teachings in Asia on his site and all....but I regret I let him perform plastic surgery on me. One of my regrets in life. So, do yourself a favor and avoid this dr. quack.

January 6th, 2009
Excellent surgeon
Dr. Miranda is a caring, experienced and skilled surgeon. His office staff are excellent and responsive.