Dr. Edward Navakas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Edward Navakas?

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Edward Navakas?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 10th, 2015

He was happy to see my son doing well. We love him. Needs new staff

July 15th, 2013

Rude, unprofessional.

Let's just start from the beginning, I called and spoke to a woman about making an appointment, she had an opening for Dr. Navakas. She told me 3:50, and I questioned her and asked 3:15, or 3:50? She stated 3:50 very clearly to me. A few days before my appoint I received a recorded message call reminding me of my appointment, however it stated my appointment was at 3:20. I called to find out of my appointment was at 3:20 or 3:50- the receptionist stated 3:20. On the day of my appointment I ended up leaving work early and rushing to get to my 3:20 appointment, I was told to park in the North Pavilion parking lot, which I did- however I went inside and I saw no information for behavioral health and no map showing where the department would be located. At that point, I walked out and went to the building next door, same problem. I then tried calling the office twice, no answer. I then called the hospital to see if they could direct me but I was unable to even reach an operator. At this point, I got in my car and drove around searching for where they might be located. In the mean time I finally reached somebody on the phone around 3:30, I explained I was having trouble finding the office and she VERY RUDELY gave me an idea of where to go. She then stated that that Dr. probably won't see me because it was now 3:38. I explained to her my troubles and she could care less. I still went to the office an checked in with hopes that Dr. Navakas would be understanding of my trouble. The woman at the desk told me to wait and she'd ask the doctor if he'd see me. She comes back and tells me "Nope, Dr. Navakas won't see you today, you'll have to reschedule" -- I informed her that I would find somebody else to see if that's the type of person he is. I'm appalled at the unprofessional staff, and their extremely rude demeanor. You would think, people working in the mental health profession would be a little more understanding, or at least kinder, ESPECIALLY the doctor. If this is the kind of treatment I received before even seeing the doctor, I can only imagine how he actually treats his patients.

July 18th, 2012

not bad

He seems to care, which is obviously good. I have been stable for a while so not much to do. Unlike another review, he doesn't seem arrogant to me. For my personality he is a bit too hyper and talkative, but some psychiatrists just sit there. He will answer questions. no major issues with him

May 23rd, 2017