Dr. Edward Norris MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

June 1st, 2016
Thank you Dr. Norris
Agree with previous reviews. Outstanding anesthesiologist.

September 30th, 2015
Hopkins' Best at the Baltimore VA Medical Center
Thank you, thank you Dr. Norris for taking such wonderful care of my father.

July 5th, 2015
Top Doc
Dr. Norris is one of the most kind, caring and dedicated anesthesiologists in Baltimore.

November 2nd, 2014
VA Medical Center
Dr. Norris is chief of the anesthesiology department at the VA. He was not my anesthesiologist, but greeted me on the morning of my surgery and introduced the team assigned to take care of me during my operation. He also stopped into the operating room as I was being put out to make sure everything was going as planned. The entire anesthesia team was great - kind, caring, and dedicated. I don't think I could have gotten better care anywhere else.

June 29th, 2014
Thank You Dr.Norris and Dr. Williams
I noticed a review from several years ago and thought I would offer my experience with Dr. Norris as my anesthesiologist at Hopkins Hospital. I started the day at Hopkins Greenspring for an X-ray of my lower back. They discovered a 9 cm calcified aneurysm in my abdomen and rushed me downtown. I was scared to death. Dr. Williams, a famous Hopkins surgeon met me in the ER, explained what was required, and told me he would have the best anesthesiologist at Hopkins assist him with my surgery. I was briefly taken to the surgical ICU and met Dr. Norris within minutes after my arrival. He explained to me that I was at the right place, at the right time, with the best possible people to get me thru what was going to be a very complex surgical procedure. He looked directly into my eyes when he spoke to me and was as confident as any person I had ever met. I was kept asleep for almost a day after the successful surgery. Dr. Norris was in to see me several times each day until I was discharged. It was been almost 8 years since my surgery and I remain very thankful to Dr. Norris and Dr. Williams to this day.

May 10th, 2014
Forever thankful
I recently met Dr. Norris at a social event. To my great surprise he remembered me and my family. He was the anesthesiologist in charge of my father's care for a very complex operation at Johns Hopkins in 2007. My father had to return to the operating room several times and Dr. Norris was always available day or night. Everyone at Hopkins was great, but Dr. Norris was a true gift. My family will be forever thankful.

March 19th, 2014
OMG - what an amazing doctor.
I called Dr. Norris' office and asked if he would speak to me about my father's upcoming surgery on his aorta. Dr. Norris is a known expert vascular anesthesiologist. I was given his name by a local anesthesiologist. Although Dr. Norris made it very clear that he could not give me any specific recommendations regarding my father, he answered all of my questions in such a kind and compassionate manner I cried after speaking with him. What a wonderful person!

July 29th, 2013
Highly Recommend
My father was seen by Dr. Norris before his operation. He is extremely knowledgable and caring. Spent more time explaining the surgery than the surgeon did!

October 8th, 2012
Best Anesthesiologist in Baltimore
Highly committed to the care of our nation's veterans.