A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Chen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Chen
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Chen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Chen, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Eye Diseases
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Transplantation
- Lung Transplantation
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Chen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Emory Crawford Long Hospital
- Wellstar Kennestone Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward P Chen MD is a male Surgeon, has 20 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Edward P. Chen practice?
- Dr. Edward Chen has 1 office location.
Dr. Edward Chen practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Atlanta, GA.
See Atlanta Surgeons.