A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shapiro
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shapiro Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Shapiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Shapiro has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Howard County General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Paul Shapiro MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Edward P. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. Edward Shapiro has 1 office location.
Dr. Edward Shapiro practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Internists and Baltimore Cardiologists.