A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shapiro
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Shapiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Shapiro has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Howard County General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Paul Shapiro MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Edward P. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. Edward Shapiro has 1 office location.
Dr. Edward Shapiro practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Internists and Baltimore Cardiologists.