A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Shapiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Shapiro has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Howard County General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 1 plan
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edward P. Shapiro practice?
Dr. Edward Shapiro practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Nuclear Medicine near Baltimore, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Belcamp, MD and Towson, MD.
See Baltimore Internists, Baltimore Cardiologists, and Baltimore Nuclear Medicine Physicians.