Dr. Edward Pegg MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

December 23rd, 2014
Horrible doctor!
Dr. Pegg was unable to effectively treat my migraines and when the first couple of medicines he tried didn't work, instead of working with me to continue to find an effective treatment for my pain and nausea, he dismissed my concerns and symptoms by saying that since he couldn't find anything, it must be "all in my head." Seriously - he then went on to "explain" that women tend to have more of a tendency towards nervous complaints and unexplained pain and that this is because we supposedly don't deal as well with pain, want attention etc. I have since been CORRECTLY diagnosed and treated by another neurologist. Dr. Pegg was chauvinistic, dismissive, completely lacking in compassion, and I would recommend pretty much any other doctor in town over dealing with him, even for something minor. When seeing me when I was hospitalized for severe pain, nausea, and seizures, I confronted him about the dismissive way he was treating me, and in response, he refused to continue to prescribe further medications for me. The nurse actually called in her supervisor because she was so freaked out that he was reacting so inappropriately. Hospital got rid of him, helped me get set up with another doctor, and that was the doctor who actually listened to me and as a result, was able to correctly diagnose and treat me. Don't waste your time with Dr. Pegg!

August 29th, 2014
good dr
I saw Dr Pegg and he took very good care of me but due to my medical problem I was let go from my job.I was forced to go on medicare.Dr Pegg wont see me now due to the low payments he would get. I mean it makes me feel bad but I understand why he wont see me.Drs have to eat to.He is stil a good DR . :)

June 6th, 2014
Great doctor!
I have been a regular patient of Dr. Pegg for 7 months at the time of this review and will continue coming here into the future. I was given an accurate, prompt diagnosis and immediate treatment for a rare movement disorder. I receive treatments every 3 months and have been pleased with my experience. Dr. Pegg has a patient, caring and compassionate staff. Scheduling is easy and the waiting room stay is short. He takes time to answer my questions and he is both friendly and knowledgeable. I am happy to say that I see no need to follow up with a movement disorder specialist as I am both confident and happy with my neurologist and his skill set.

December 3rd, 2013
He wasn't able to diagnose me properly, and the office visit and testing cost way too much. I even called and inquired if there was an error! Anyway, he mentioned I had some slight problems in wrist and elbow. Well, within a few months, I was writhing in pain. I ended up having 3 vertebra fused in my neck, with a metal plate attached! He didn't understand, I guess, that severe arm pain could come from the spine. Pity, it might have saved me many months of pain.

April 11th, 2012
Anita "Lynn" Wills
Dr. Pegg and his staff were perfect in every way! Got me in right away, ran the tests to diagnos the problem quickly, got me in for MRI and Dr. Stroink right away, Dr. Pegg called me personally with my MRI results. It was obvious that they care. I had a bad experience with my General Practice doctor leading up to it where I was given the run around for about 3 1/2 weeks while in severe pain. Once I got to Dr. Pegg, he seemed to move heaven and earth to get it done. Would not consider going anywhere else but him in a neurolgy type situation!

March 23rd, 2011
Dr. Pegg is generally on time, but I get the feeling that his time is more important than my understanding and I end up having/finishing discussions about health issues out in the hallway in fromt of the office staff. This happens because he leaves the exam room before the conversation is complete. Seems inappropriate to me.

January 4th, 2011
I have been seeing Dr. Pegg for migraines for over 6 years now. He is one of the most hands on and caring specialists and doctors that I have ever had the opportunity to come into contact with in my life. He listens, he thinks outside the box and he is not a pill pusher. He really cares about how his patients are doing in a holistic manner and puts that into practice. If you have any type of needs in this area of specialization he is the doctor that you can feel very comfortable trusting with your diagnosis and treatment.

November 22nd, 2010
I have migraines and have been suffering from them for over 5 years. Once I told him that I wanted to get pregrant in the next few months, he told me that there wasn't much he could do for me. He tried one medicine for me and when that had strong side effects, he dropped me as a patient. I know that pregnancy limits treatment options, but I didn't think I was treated very fairly.

August 16th, 2009
Overall great doctor
I never had a bad experience with Dr Pegg, though as my case came closer to a close I found he became less and less interested in my case which ultimately became a disappointment because it is a long term case still going on and being handled by another physician.

April 2nd, 2009
Dr. Pegg is great. I highly recommend him.