A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Platia:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Platia is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Platia
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Platia Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Platia, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Platia graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Platia has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Washington Hospital Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward V Platia MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Edward V. Platia practice?
- Dr. Edward Platia has 1 office location.
Dr. Edward Platia practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Washington, DC.
See Washington Internists and Washington Cardiologists.