A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Pontius:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Pontius
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Pontius Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Pontius, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Pontius graduated from Tufts University, Boston.
Dr. Pontius has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Maine Medical Center
- Miles Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward B Pontius MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Edward B. Pontius practice?
- Dr. Edward Pontius has 4 office locations.
Dr. Edward Pontius practices Psychiatry near Brunswick, ME.
Additional practice locations include: Saco, ME and Bath, ME.
See Brunswick Psychiatrists.