A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Portnay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Portnay is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Portnay, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Portnay graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Portnay has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Waterbury Hospital Health Center
- Stamford Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward L Portnay MD is a male Internist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Edward L. Portnay practice?
- Dr. Edward Portnay has 5 office locations.
Dr. Edward Portnay practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Cardiology near Stamford, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Norwalk, CT and Trumbull, CT.
See Stamford Internists and Stamford Cardiologists.