A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Portnay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Portnay is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Portnay
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Portnay, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Portnay graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Portnay has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Waterbury Hospital Health Center
- Stamford Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Portnay MD is a male Internist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Edward Portnay practice?
- Dr. Edward Portnay has 2 office locations.
Dr. Edward Portnay practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Stamford, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Trumbull, CT.
See Stamford Internists and Stamford Cardiologists.