A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Portnay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Portnay is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Portnay
Pulmonary Embolism Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications available by reading our pulmonary embolism patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Portnay Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Portnay, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Portnay graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Portnay has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Waterbury Hospital Health Center
- Stamford Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Portnay MD is a male Internist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Edward Portnay practice?
- Dr. Edward Portnay has 2 office locations.
Dr. Edward Portnay practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Stamford, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Trumbull, CT.
See Stamford Internists and Stamford Cardiologists.