A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Portnay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Portnay is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Portnay, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Portnay graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Portnay has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Waterbury Hospital Health Center
- Stamford Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Portnay accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 3 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edward L. Portnay practice?
Dr. Edward Portnay practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Cardiology near Stamford, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Norwalk, CT and Trumbull, CT.
See Stamford Internists and Stamford Cardiologists.