Dr. Edward Prins MD Patient Reviews

December 21st, 2015
Dr. Prins is excellent!
Dr. Prins has been my primary care physician for 20 years. I felt compelled to write a review because his amazing accurate diagnosis of medical problems SAVED MY LIFE TWICE. He is also compassionate, friendly and thorough every time I have seen him. You couldn't ask for a better doctor.

August 11th, 2015
Going to Summit Ave Medical for over 30 years!
We have been going to Summit Medical formerly Forest Ave Medical since before 1987. The location is an hour away but we feel they are more through and knowledgeable than doctors in the area which we live.

April 27th, 2015
dr prins is my primary and I feel that he is at the highest level of professional Care. He is excellent. And I feel that he is part of my medical team that has Provided me with excellent treatment.

March 18th, 2015
Dr. Ed, Is one of the finest Drs. that you could want to meet!

July 30th, 2014
Dr. Prins is one of the best PCP's around
Dr. Prins is compassionate and extremely knowledgable. He spends time with you and asnwers your questions. He makes recommedations of what might be your ailment. He is one of the best PCP's I've encountered. Cetain office staff, such as Nina are extremely patient, helpful, and compassionate

November 1st, 2013
Referral person
Our experience with Dr. Prins is wonderful. However, I/we cannot say the same for his referral person(female). When my husband said he wanted to have his CT and MRI at a radiology center in Waldwick, which we have both used for years, she became more than obstinate-absolutely disrespectful and nasty would be a better description of her behavior. If my husband is to continue with Dr. Prins, we will give this person another chance to have a different attitude. We were going to report her behavior to him but decided to wait for future developments.

September 12th, 2013
One star is generous
I guess you have to be really sick to get good care from this doctor/practice. I went for a routine physical and in addition to having to wait for 25 minutes (while fasting), everyone from the reception staff to the doctor himself had a condescending attitude. When I got a followup call because some of the lab values were abnormal, the doctor couldn't be bothered to call me himself--he sent a nurse, who was completely unprepared to answer my questions. Further followup with the doctor resulted in the following: "I don't have time to discuss this. I have a pile of phone calls to return." Funny--you had time to fill out my insurance claim form and take my copay. I'll be going somewhere else.

May 22nd, 2012
He's the best!
A few years ago I went for a routine physical. After an EKG he told me I had tosee a cardiologist ASAP. I wanted to wait till after the Holidays but he was insistent. Five days later I had bypassheart surgery which I was told saved me from a massive heart attack. I love Dr. Prins. He is warm, compassionate, thorough and listens to your complaints. He is a wonderful, caring doctor. I also very much like his staff.

January 3rd, 2012
Dr. Prins is my GP and was also my attending physician in the hospital. He was always up to date on my progress and involved with hospital staff and specialists to ensure I received proper care.

August 28th, 2011
You are the only doctor who took an interest in my brother;s situation over this weekend, at Hackensack Hospital- You returned phone calls promptly, sometimes 2x in 1 day- and you have a good handle of my brother's situation I really thank you I wish more doctor's were like you even my brother's oncology doctor, God Bless You, the family appreciates you so much-I am writing to the hospital to praise you for making our situation better