A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Smith is Excellent. Dr. Smith has been reviewed by 7 patients who have provided 2 comments. The rating is 3.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Smith, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Neurosurgical Procedures and Pediatric Surgery.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Smith has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Brigham and Women`s Hospital
- University of Minnesota Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 1 plan
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Edward Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Edward R. Smith practice?
Dr. Edward Smith practices Neurological Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Neurological Surgeons.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Ed Smith, Dr. Eddie Smith, Dr. Eddy Smith, Dr. Edison Smith