Dr. Edward Rensimer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 20th, 2016
Mrs
I had a wonderful experience with this practice. I would recommend it to anyone that near clear cut diagnosis. This physician takes an incredible amount of time explaining his plan for you. Neve rushing you. I could with what I believed to be an emergency as by Rheumotologist wwanted me seen soon. Despite his hectic schedule, Kiki, his wonderful assistant, took all my information and got me in the next day, I was in tears I was so grateful. Because of the availablity that Dr. Rensimer provides, sometimes one has to wait. While we were there awhile, we were treated wonderfully by all staff. We could not have been more peased.

June 26th, 2016
An Angry Little Man
Rude and dismissive. Please never make the mistake of visiting this doctor. I wouldn't be surprised if he had violent tendencies judging by the way he treats people.

September 11th, 2015
You are in the best hands with Dr Rensimer! I highly recommend him and his great staff! He is by far the best doctor I have ever had and I've had a lot. He works tirelessly to find answers and stays on top of the fact gathering and research. He consults with other specialists and keeps you informed. I had to go to the ER one early morning and to my great shock and joy he arrived within 45 minutes. Not a phone call to the ER doctor, he was there!!! That never happens! I appreciated that more than I can say! I met a woman in his waiting room who told me that several of her physicians recommended amputation of her arm, but Dr. Rensimer treated her and saved her arm. You hear those kinds of stories from his patients! The staff are wonderful! I have been treated with kindness and professionalism by all of them! They are like family now! You will never be anything but exceedingly well taken care of.

March 19th, 2014
Who You Gonna Call ????
Dr. Rensimer and the IMC team are the Ghostbusters of international medicine for those that travel frequently, or even vacation infrequently, or travel for work, outside the US. If you are an international traveler you want Doc Rensimer and his team to be in your court, as well as any others traveling with you. WHY? Because your PCP will not be there for you ... and like as not, the local Doc... or ("witch" Doc... depending how far down the "Developed Country" trail you are traveling) will just not be enough. First, the local Docs., wherever you are, don't know you, and second ... they will never see you again. But Doc. Rensimer and the IMC Co. will; and they will be in your court, and will respond when called. They will know you before you leave. They will prescribe just the right kit to take with you to meet many emergencies, (especially the pharmaceutical challenges for you and where you are going), and they will be able to track your progress on a multi stop trip. This will simply not happen if you rely on local care during your travels or In the office they are busy... however, their impressive staff will prep or debrief, or handle you with deft professionalism. Once in their system, they will remind you of inoculations needed, help you with meds you might need when you travel, and most importantly... if you are sick during your travels, or worse bring something bad back with you, the diagnosis and follow up will be better because you are prepared. Dr. Rensimer is sharp. There is a reason he is able to maintain his triple boarded and very active practice. His bedside manner is kind, direct and very professional. He maintains a great staff to support patient/client visits. His followup always surprises me in its detail and complete copious care. My experiences have all been excellent. I cannot imagine travelling w/out the IMC team as part of an excellent precautionary tactical planning and evidence of strategic smarts so that I know that my family, coworkers, and I always have a place to turn when there is a medical emergency while I am travelling . An association with IMC just makes sense. Because it is not a matter of if you are going to be sick during your international travels ...but a matter of WHEN you are sick ... Who YOU Gonna Call? These guys have been around the block in international medicine and international travel support. I have used them for over 20 years. and have guided many others to try out Dr. Rensimer and his team. Before adding IMC to my strategy for preventative and precautionary medicine for travel I have no idea what I was thinking. I did not know who I was going to call.

January 3rd, 2014
Excellant Doctor
I would highly recommend Dr. Rensimer and his staff to anyone needing a highly qualified Dr. who cares about your health and the outcome of your longterm care. He was extremly proactive in my care and if it wasnt for Dr. Rensimer and his staff I dont know what the outcome of my health would have been.

December 10th, 2013
Amazing
I went to see my PCP very ill . Had battled urine infections for a long time with no cure so he referred me to Dr Rensimer. I went home and went to bed, fever rose and next day my PCP called me to see how I was and asked if I called Rensimer. I was too sick. Within 5min Dr Rensimers office called me! Said I had to see them today. That phone call got me up and saved my life. His staff saw how sick I was and offered me a place to lay down. After seeing the doctor I was admitted right away to the hospital with sepsis. After a few years of battling problems with transvaginal mesh and so many doctors denying my symptoms, Dr Rensimer took the time to listen to ME and what I had been through, not just some test. He spends a lot of time with you each visit and six weeks later, he still listens. My doctor for life!

December 10th, 2013
Saved My Life
A few years ago, I was rushed to the hospital with 106 fever, semi-conscious. My doctor, who had recently performed a biopsy on me, called in Dr. Rensimer to assess my condition, which he diagnosed as a severe case of sepsis. The prognosis for recovery was grim and I was put into a medical coma in order to fight the serious infection. Dr. Rensimer was available constantly to confer with my family. He fully explained the pros and cons for the medicine he would prescribe so everyone was aware of the risks. Under the circumstances it was this choice of medicine I am convinced that saved my life. The follow-up care was excellent. His courteous staff was always responsive and attentive to my needs. "I trust him more than anyone" concerning health issues." I recently consulted with him to seek his advice for a current medical condition. We are fortunate to have Dr. Rensimer in Houston.

October 10th, 2013
Patient Care
He is competent and caring. His wife who is a nurse also helps him with his patient care. I would never forget her kindness during my recent illness.

April 4th, 2013
Dr. Rensimer actually saved my life after another doctor's mis diagnosis! He has been very personable, taking time to contact other doctors involved and wants to see the whole picture. Dr. Rensimer wants to make sure he has all the facts needed. It takes a while in the waiting room but worth his full attention and expertise when he does see you. His staff is very nice and accomadating. They follow up with test results and doctor orders and are there for you.

September 11th, 2012
Dr. Rensimer My Recent Experience With Strep Infection
My PCP referred me to Dr. Rensimer two weeks ago after he examined me for a sore and feverish calf and ankle. Dr. Rensimer diagnosed it as an internal strep. infection and put me on 6 days of in-home IV antibiotics. A week later, the leg became redder and more swollen. I called the after hours number. The head nurse, Mrs. Rensimer, called and said I should head straight to the ER at Dr. Rensimer's affiliated hospital. After checking in and waiting for one hour, the Triage nurse informed me that, due to more severe injuries ahead of me: They could not examine me, they could not treat me and there were no available beds. Also, my leg looked really bad. So, my wife and I returned home.The following day I again saw my PCP. She suggested I go back to Dr. Rensimer to continue my treatment. I took the entire next day off work. Dr. Rensimer ordered more blood work, a leg Doppler and an MRI. On Thursday I was informed that all results were negative for any remaining infection. The following Saturday, the leg was still red and severely swollen. I noticed two large abscesses at the site of the original infection.I used my father's infection treating technique from the 1950s, high school biology and common household products on the abscesses. Within hours, the pain was gone and the redness and swelling were both reducing in my leg.My final visit to Dr. Rensimer was scheduled for Sept. 10 at 11:45 AM. The scheduling nurse told me I would be in and out very quickly, as it was a "last look" visit. At 12:25, the nurse informed me there were still two patients ahead of me. I was refunded my $40 Co-pay and left, without seeing the doctor. So, with travel time, my 10 minute visit took 2 hours and I never saw Dr. Rensimer.In conclusion, I cured the infection (two infected fire ant bites) with antibacterial soap, a scrub brush, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol and polysporin ointment. I accomplished more in one hour than Dr. Rensimer accomplished in two weeks with thousands of dollars of medical expense.

June 4th, 2012
Awesome doctor!
Dr. Rensimer is a wonderful doctor. I saw him twice a week over the course of a few months for a knee infection, and he always answered all my questions and didn't rush through the visit. Yes, I had to wait a while in the exam room for him, but how many doctors would spend 20 or 30 minutes with you discussing your problem? I've never encountered a doc as compassionate and willing to do whatever it took to get me well. They always got me in at the drop of a hat and were very accommodating, so you don't really mind waiting when you know he's going to give you such great attention!

January 25th, 2012
Excellent
Dr. Rensimer & his office staff are wonderful! His expertise & knowledge is unbelievable. I would highly recommend Dr. Rensimer & his staff.