Family Practitioner

47110 Washington St
Suite 203
La Quinta, CA 92253
760-564-9205
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Feb 27th, 2014

addresses all issues in detail, very sympathetic, knowledgeable. office staff is very polite and friendly after 2 or 3 visits; slow in paprwork in referrals or dealing with insurance but respond promptly to follow up by patient . wait time is normally minimal except once due an emergency , duly apologised

by Janice on Feb 2nd, 2014

This doctor is a joke. I've got turned away because I was three minutes late. I tried to explain to the nurse that I've got super high blood pressure (> 180)and have been waiting for this appointment for over a month. They won't do anything for me, This office staffs are trained to have no sense of empathy and sympathy for their patients. Shame of Dr Ruiz to call himself a doctor and have no interest to save lives.

by LT on Dec 19th, 2013

Prescribed antibiotic for 3 days still had symptoms increased dosage and additional days still remaining symptoms. I have called office for 4 straight days doctor does not respond. Worst care of my life.

|  Mother of 3 children who were NEVER seen!  |  show details
by Nicole on Oct 22nd, 2013

This office is an absolute joke. I have tried to schedule a visit on 5 different occasions only to be told go to urgent care or the E.R. As they are booked for over a month out. I have never been able to have my children be seen my this office as he never has time to fit us in...unless you don't mind waiting a ridiculous amount of time. I finally decided to to schedule and wait a month to be seen to only be turned away for being 1 minute late. My appt was at 3:15 and I got there and signed in at 3:16!!! This place is awful and if you want to have a provider that is never available then this is definitely the place for you! Shame on you Dr. Ruiz!!!!

|  Not impressed  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2013

Dr. Ruiz is very involved in his work. He spends a lot of time with his patients, however, you have to wait nearly an hour to see him. Also, he seems to limit what he will do for his patients. With all due respect, Dr. Ruiz tries to address all medical conditions at the lowest level of medical practice - making it obvious that he lacks the internal fortitude to truly address a problem. What doctor prescribes over the counter medication to a patient who explains (in detail) he has tried that produces several time? Well, it's a doctor who lacks medical knowledge or the ability to listen to a patient. And don't ask to have his office staff push a referral through to an insurance company. They don't know how to work a fax machine. Seriously, I've been waiting since July (2013) for a simple referral. (It's late Sept. 2013 as I write this review). I've called no less than 15 times since that date to work things out but his staff obviously has no clue on how to run a medical office. *no- I'm not asking for a heart transplant - just a simple hearing test. We'll see what happens. If your young and have no medical issues - Dr Ruiz and his staff are for you., Seek another doctor if you need medical attention

|  Unhappy Patient :(  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2013

Always happy with Dr. Ruiz. However on my last appointment I was given my next appointment for the following 2 months, then 2 days before that date the Dr's staff called and said that they would have to reschedule me . Making me wait to 1 more month to see the Dr. I thought a week or so, but one more month was unreasonable in my opinion since I had some very serious health issues to discuss w/ the Dr. Oh, did I mention that when I mentioned to the gal that I would be looking for a new Dr. She Had a NO CARE ATTITUDE!! Not good

|  Amazing doc.  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

Definitely a doctor I would recommend. He's very patient and listens to all of your problems. He takes the time to diagnose your issues & explains everything about it. He's always very nice & caring. He is an amazing doctor and I wish there were more doctors like him. His facility is super clean and organized.

Mar 24th, 2011

Asked for the Doctor to call me and he did not

|  Never Felt Rushed  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2010

We are new to town and my 4 year old got sick. On a recommendation we called Dr. Ed. The office staff squeezed us in, and Dr. Ed spent plenty of time asking questions, explaining what is going on, and thoroughly examining my daughter. For years we have not had a name for how she reacts to colds/viruses, but he explained what was going on, gave it a name, and prescribed helpful medication. We are all going there from now on!

Oct 20th, 2010

Great Staff and Doctor

|  He knows his stuff  |  show details
by Joan on Jun 14th, 2010

My husband has an appt with Dr Ed and was delighted by him. He explains everything to us and helps us understand what is going on with our health. Dr Ed care and he shows it.

|  Former Vice President of a fortune 500 company just moved about a year ago  |  show details
by mike.mccormack0520@gmail.com on Nov 12th, 2009

I assme through ther conversation that I had his 3 latino assistants felt that I was rude to them. I really did not feel i was being treated fairly and having the opportunity to defend myself. I was basically told to go somewhere elase if I dont like it there. I did not think I issues and enjoyed Dr. Ed as a doctor. I am very mad and frustrated all I wanted was my flu shot and some tests as he reccomended my last appointment. I got the tests at Quest but no flu shot just an or else.Now after being with him for over 6 months I have to find another DR.In this economy every patient should be valuable. Regards