Dr. Edward Rustamzadeh MD, PHD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 24th, 2017
very poor doctor
I had a neuro-stim implanted by Dr. Rustamzadeh (Dr. R.). I ended up in ER the next day. Could not walk. Had to crawl even to the bathroom. Dr. R. visited me in the hospital. I was released 3 days later because they couldn't find anything wrong. Dr. R. said I was just constipated. When I went in for a follow - up I told him I wanted it removed. I had what I can only call spasms in my legs even when the thing was off. Going over my history he kept saying I had this test done and that test done at Mayo Clinic in Rochester. I let it go for the first time, but corrected him later that all these tests were done at Stanford. He got irate, calling me a liar. I was very intimidated and confused what could cause such an outburst. He even put it in my medical record that I was a liar. I was shaken for quite a while trying to understand how and why of such an outburst. I remember asking him at one point what difference did it make. He went on and on about the differences, none of which I understood. It took me a while to understand what had happened. I used to live in Rochester MN when I worked for IBM there. Our family went to the Mayo clinic for all of our medical needs while there. I mentioned at least some of this during our initial consult. He obviously made a mistake in his notes. He angrily told me to leave the office after his outburst. The guys got some problems. He seems very talented from what I read here, but he's really got some issues. I had the neuro-stim removed at Stanford. I certainly did not want this guy touching me anymore. I still have the muscle spasms in my legs and buttocks. I finally found some relief from then through an intrathecal pain pump. When the doctor put prialt into the pain pump the muscle spasms began to decrease.

June 28th, 2016
He Saved my life. Outstanding Doctor/Surgeon
Omg! What a great doctor/Surgeon he is. Suffering from spinal pain for over 2 years that no other doctors were able to find. Had been to several doctors, had so many MRIs done but no one was able to determine my problem. Dr Rustamzadeh is literally a God for me. My life savor. Many thanks to him and his wonderful staff!!!

March 5th, 2015
Straightforward and get the job done with no problem

February 23rd, 2015
Impressive!!!
I was referred to Dr. Rustamzadeh by a family friend who recently underwent a successful complex spine surgery. Besides that, I went online to gather additional information about Dr. Rustamzadeh through others’ reviews from different websites. Based on the referral and many positive reviews, I decided to make a trip to his office for a consultation. After being given a thorough explanation of my spine problems and what can be done to relieve the symptoms, I set up the date for my spine surgery without hesitance. There was no intraoperative event. The pain management regimen that Dr. Rustamzadeh prescribed for me, for post-op and for discharge, was well beyond my needs. My pain, numbness, and tingling sensation have gone away; my strength has been back to normal now (about 1 month post-op). I couldn’t be happier choosing Dr. Rustamzadeh as the surgeon to fix my spine problems and the related symptoms. He possesses great skills, honesty, and professionalism that one would search into for a great surgeon.

April 10th, 2014
This guy knows what he is doing!
Dr. Rustamzadeh relieved my debilitating back pain (a stenosis--a ligament inside the spinal column gets too thick and presses on the the spinal cord--hurts like an electric jolt if you move wrong). I had read a few negative comments sprinkled among the positives about his occasional outbursts in another posting, and was prepared for some friction. However, he was a nice guy throughout. Everything he told me to do after surgery worked to relieve my post-operative pain; everything he said he would do he did; he said he would remove my pain, and he did. He was pleasant and patient with me (I always ask a lot of questions and occasionally that frustrates busy doctors). I have had 8 surgeries over 40 years, four of them on my spine, so I have met a few surgeons along the way. Rustamzadeh is easily one of the best!

February 13th, 2014
Excellent dr excellent care
Every nurse we can into contact with said they would choose dr r if they needed surgery. There is no higher recommendation. They all loved working with dr r (so I doubt he yells at them). He contacted my husband within an hour of getting his MRI results and saw him that day. He spent another visit with him prior to the surgery. He is a man of few words because he has work to do. The nurses said he takes on the most difficult cases. We had two "issues" after the surgery and he responded to each call/question within ten minutes. One of the concerns had nothing to do with the surgery technically (a migraine) and he still helped us out. His staff was equally responsive and helpful. He is skilled, to the point, and effective. What more can you want from someone working on your spine. Thank you dr r.

May 29th, 2012
wonderful surgeon.we were very impressed by his knowledge.
our family can not forget him, and we recommend him to every body.

May 6th, 2012
Incredibly competent doctor, very professional
Dr. Rustamzadeh was wonderful, my husband and I cannot be more grateful for his brain surgery expertise. I loved that he was pragmatic and straightforward about the process, and clear in his communication without being excessive. The surgery was very successful, quick, and professional. Highly, highly recommended.

March 12th, 2012
warning

August 15th, 2011
Excellent
Did surgery on my back and relieved my leg pain instantly. Was back to work the following week. I dont care what the other commenters say "he is a top notch surgeon in my book".

January 5th, 2011
Wonderful!
Dr. Rustamzadeh was amazing with the back surgery for my husband. We would highly recommend Dr. Rustamzadeh and his staff is very caring and helpful. My husband was up and walking following the very successful surgery.

May 17th, 2017